Private Classifieds listings from 2004 - Page 105 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Private Classifieds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Private Classifieds
For *individuals* to sell gear or post want-to-buy inquiries.

Closed Thread

Old July 27th, 2004, 09:48 PM   #1561
Major Player

Custom Lowel / Cool-Lux Video Light Kit

Perfect for shooting interviews, b-roll, small product shots, and events.

2 Lowel Omni - Includes bulbs, cables, barn-doors, and screens. A very flexible light for video production work. It can be lamped with 600, 500, and 420 watt globes. Its focusable - allowing you to spread the light evenly, spot it down to a tight circle, or any where between. Attached to Lowel Omni’s is a convenient umbrella mount to create a softer light. These lights are work horses. Even when problems do occur, the lights are easy to repair and parts are easy to purchase. These lights have seen a lot of use, but they are ready for much, much more. One of the reflectors is showing signs of age, but can easily be replaced. Both lights work well.

1 Lowel Tota - Great shape! Includes 1000 Watt bulb. Cable not included. Totas work great when placed inside of a soft box or reflected off of light surfaces. New cables cost around $35. Totas can also be lamped with a variety of wattages for additional flexibility.

1 Cool-Lux Mini-Cool - Great Shape! Includes barndoors, lightstand adapter, diffusion glass, AC power cable, DC cigarette adapter and 150 watt bulb. These are amazing lights. They can be lamped with various wattage lights that work with AC or DC. They are constructed to vent heat quickly which results in longer lamp life and a cooler working environment. I have found this light makes a perfect hair light for interviews, etc. This light design is so effecient, a 250 watt bulb puts out light equivilent to 600 watt fixtures.

2 Bogen / Manfrotto 3320B Stacker Light Stand. These 7 foot stands pack flat to fit easily into a case. These stands are in great shape and will stand up to a lifetime of use. These stands have a small foot print so they can fit in many places a regular stand can not. These stands are black to reduce reflections.

1 Bogen / Manfrotto Backlight Stand - Great Shape! Packs down small, but can extend to 33”. Great way to hide the back light behind your subject. This stand is also black to reduce reflections.

1 Bogen Boom Clamp - great shape. Make shift telescoping boom pole included - works great with the Cool-Lux Mini Cool.

1 Universal Softbox Speedring- good shape. I bought it used, never used it.

1 Pelican PCS104 Lighting and Camera Equipment Wheeled Case is a rolling case capable of holding a full lighting system, a camera and several lenses and a tripod. Even when closed the user has great access to his gear, thanks to unique zipper entry points in the case's top. The handle locks firmly into place at full extension, and inline skate wheels make for easy transport. Interior mesh pockets, telescoping rolling handle, rubber rails on bottom, top and side carrying handles, interior foam dividers can be customized and self-healing coil type zippers. Only used a few times. Great shape.
Copy and paste this link to appreciate how amazing this case is. You mini dv shooters could carry all your lighting, camera, accessories and tripod all in one case - on wheels!
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=NavBar&A=getItemDetail&Q=&sku=228228&is=REG&si=acc#goto_itemInfo

1 Photoflex Translucent umbrella - used twice. Great for diffussing light from Omni or Tota.

2 Foam-Core Forks - no better way to hold foamcore or beadboard.

1 Photoflex Silver / Black Reflector - silver side has dulled, but black side is perfect for flag or negitive fill.

2 - 25’ Extension cords

Misc Clamps and blackwrap scraps.

This kit will give you a great start in your video career.

$900 plus shipping. Personal checks ok - must wait to clear before gear ships.

patrickgault@netzero.net
Old July 28th, 2004, 10:00 AM   #1562
Air China Pilot

This is still available in the same package. A buyer backed out and I've been busy. I will take offers for Canada. Price reduced to $3400 Cdn.
Old July 28th, 2004, 12:31 PM   #1563
Major Player

Canon XL1s 3x lense, tripod and other stuff for sale.

Hi folks,

I rescently sold my Canon XL1s, but still have some items left behind for sale.

Canon 3x Wide Zoom Lens - for XL-1 and XL-1S DV Camcorders 870.00
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=146132&is=REG

Basic WarmCard System 50.00
http://www.studio1productions.com/warm_cards.htm

OpTex Canon FD SLR to XL (Attach Canon FD lenses) 400.00
http://www.zgc.com/zgc.nsf/active/200471117190AB9E85256B81000CB326

Nebtek External Monitor for camera (Neb50xl) 460.00
http://www.nebtek.com/5inch/NEB50Xlpage.html

HOTSHOE BALL MOUNT for camera & monitor 24.00
http://www.nebtek.com/mounting.html

Manfrotto padded Tripod Bag 65.00

Bogen / Manfrotto Camcorder Tripod 275.00
3182 sticks w/501 head

Send an email if you're interested in anything or have any questions.
Old July 28th, 2004, 01:36 PM   #1564
Regular Crew

hey, i got a cool-lux light, but i've only been able to find 50w bulbs for reasonable price. you got any more of those 250w or 150watters ? let me know if you could spare on for sale seperately. thanks
Old July 28th, 2004, 09:49 PM   #1565
Trustee

well you don't have a contact email there but i'm interested in buying your canon 3x lens.

first thing is, do you have paypal? it's the only means i have.

second thing is, do you have the lens cap, lens hood and pouch to go along with the lens?

third thing is, didya ever get a case for the lens? if so i'll take that too.

so there ya go folx, th 3x is almost sold... =). click on the bottom there to email me. my ebay comment/feedback is here:

it's the only thing i got.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws1/eBayISA...me=STRK:ME:UFS
Old July 29th, 2004, 01:21 AM   #1566
Major Player

Can somebody please explain to me why MiniDV decks are ridiculously expensive? It's just a tape transport! Any company could buy VTRs off of a cheap camcorder model, put it in a new housing and voila! The only reason I can think of is that they assume only professionals are looking for decks and therefore can charge out the ass for them. Could you imagine if Sony made a $75 deck, and ran one of their monster ad campaigns in Nov/Dec claiming you NEED one to prolong the life of your camcorder, and then got a store like Best Buy to recommend one with every MiniDV camcorder purchase? Sony could spin some info on how MiniDV is better than DVD quality and they're digital (even though it really is, the way Sony makes proclamations I always take it with a grain of salt)! They would be all the rage! I am baffled at the lack of an affordable deck. Please somebody explain it to me.
Old July 29th, 2004, 07:38 AM   #1567
Major Player

AT4073A and accessories sold!
Old July 29th, 2004, 11:12 AM   #1568
Major Player

<<<-- Originally posted by Yi Fong Yu : well you don't have a contact email there but i'm interested in buying your canon 3x lens.

first thing is, do you have paypal? it's the only means i have.

second thing is, do you have the lens cap, lens hood and pouch to go along with the lens?

third thing is, didya ever get a case for the lens? if so i'll take that too.

so there ya go folx, th 3x is almost sold... =). click on the bottom there to email me. my ebay comment/feedback is here:

it's the only thing i got.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws1/eBayISA...me=STRK:ME:UFS -->>>

I sent you an email.
Old July 29th, 2004, 01:19 PM   #1569
Major Player

Custom Lowel / Cool-Lux Video Light Kit - New low price $800!!!

Custom Lowel / Cool-Lux Video Light Kit - New low price $800!!!

Perfect for shooting interviews, b-roll, small product shots, and events.

2 Lowel Omni - Includes bulbs, cables, barn-doors, and screens. A very flexible light for video production work. It can be lamped with 600, 500, and 420 watt globes. Its focusable - allowing you to spread the light evenly, spot it down to a tight circle, or any where between. Attached to Lowel Omni’s is a convenient umbrella mount to create a softer light. These lights are work horses. Even when problems do occur, the lights are easy to repair and parts are easy to purchase. These lights have seen a lot of use, but they are ready for much, much more. One of the reflectors is showing signs of age, but can easily be replaced. Both lights work well.

1 Lowel Tota - Great shape! Includes 1000 Watt bulb. Cable not included. Totas work great when placed inside of a soft box or reflected off of light surfaces. New cables cost around $35. Totas can also be lamped with a variety of wattages for additional flexibility.

1 Cool-Lux Mini-Cool - Great Shape! Includes barndoors, lightstand adapter, diffusion glass, AC power cable, DC cigarette adapter and 150 watt bulb. These are amazing lights. They can be lamped with various wattage lights that work with AC or DC. They are constructed to vent heat quickly which results in longer lamp life and a cooler working environment. I have found this light makes a perfect hair light for interviews, etc. This light design is so effecient, a 250 watt bulb puts out light equivilent to 600 watt fixtures.

2 Bogen / Manfrotto 3320B Stacker Light Stand. These 7 foot stands pack flat to fit easily into a case. These stands are in great shape and will stand up to a lifetime of use. These stands have a small foot print so they can fit in many places a regular stand can not. These stands are black to reduce reflections.

1 Bogen / Manfrotto Backlight Stand - Great Shape! Packs down small, but can extend to 33”. Great way to hide the back light behind your subject. This stand is also black to reduce reflections.

1 Bogen Boom Clamp - great shape. Make shift telescoping boom pole included - works great with the Cool-Lux Mini Cool.

1 Universal Softbox Speedring- good shape. I bought it used, never used it.

1 Pelican PCS104 Lighting and Camera Equipment Wheeled Case is a rolling case capable of holding a full lighting system, a camera and several lenses and a tripod. Even when closed the user has great access to his gear, thanks to unique zipper entry points in the case's top. The handle locks firmly into place at full extension, and inline skate wheels make for easy transport. Interior mesh pockets, telescoping rolling handle, rubber rails on bottom, top and side carrying handles, interior foam dividers can be customized and self-healing coil type zippers. Only used a few times. Great shape.
Copy and paste this link to appreciate how amazing this case is. You mini dv shooters could carry all your lighting, camera, accessories and tripod all in one case - on wheels!
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=NavBar&A=getItemDetail&Q=&sku=228228&is=REG&si=acc#goto_itemInfo

1 Photoflex Translucent umbrella - used twice. Great for diffussing light from Omni or Tota.

2 Foam-Core Forks - no better way to hold foamcore or beadboard.

1 Photoflex Silver / Black Reflector - silver side has dulled, but black side is perfect for flag or negitive fill.

2 - 25’ Extension cords

Misc Clamps and blackwrap scraps.

This kit will give you a great start in your video career.

$800 plus shipping. Personal checks ok - must wait to clear before gear ships.

patrickgault@netzero.net

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged
Old July 29th, 2004, 02:07 PM   #1570
Major Player

price has been lowered and moved to a new thread...
Old July 29th, 2004, 05:00 PM   #1571
Regular Crew

no no, all i want to know is that if you have extra light bulbs only! that i can buy or get from you.. i need higher than 50w .... like 150w
Old July 29th, 2004, 07:20 PM   #1572
Regular Crew

the quality of the transport among other things in the pro decks that make them so dependable and thus cost more. If you put your little consumer camera through the rigors of hundreds of starts, stops, FF's, stops, RW's, starts, etc., everyday (you get the picture), soon you will have a $400 paper weight on your edit desk.
If you have ever used a pro deck to edit with, the difference is like night and day, the pro decks are very responsive and very fast in their actions saving you the editor quite a bit of time compared to the slow and sluggish camera transports. I have used several decks and cameras to edit and capture with but after buying my dsr-11 my search has ended, I couldnt live without it now.

chris
Old July 29th, 2004, 07:45 PM   #1573
Regular Crew

FS: Canon XL1s, 3x lens and extras **added PG-L

Recently developed tendonitis in my right arm so its time for a smaller and lighter camera.

I have an extremely well loved and cared for complete XL1s (in mint condition) that has shot about 25 weddings over the last year and half. I also purchased the 3x wide angle lens for her about 6 months ago and that has very limited use on it, also in mint condition. (both USA models)

The extras I am referring to are:

1) a Tamron padded case designed specifically for the XL1
2) a Beachtek DXA-6 audio adapter, works great on this cam!
3) a Lenmar LIC-941 extra high capacity battery
4) custom attentuated XLR to RCA cable designed for XL1

*** I almost forgot I have a Varizoom PG-L zoom controller for this setup too! (also included in the price). You are getting a complete shooting setup for virtually the price of a new XL1s.

I am the original owner of all this equipment. Camera comes with original 16x lens, EVF, stereo mic, manual & battery charger.

$3750 for everything. shipping extra.

I dont want to seperate becasue I need the $$ to purchase my new camera asap.

call chris @ 919.451.9110
or email chris@motionworks.tv
Old July 29th, 2004, 09:43 PM   #1574
Capt. Quirk

Chris- Have you tried any of the DV walkmans? I'm wondering how much difference there is, between them and a regular deck.
Old July 29th, 2004, 10:00 PM   #1575
Regular Crew

Keith, I have not used the walkmans. I love the idea as I do some of my editing on the road but I can only assume that the small size dictates the use of a very basic transport mechanism... although I could be wrong.

I have found the dsr-11 to be rather portable as well and couldnt be happier with its performance, but it is a bit on the pricey side.

I have not seem much info about the small walkman decks at all, anywhere.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Private Classifieds