Private Classifieds listings from 2004 - Page 168 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Private Classifieds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Private Classifieds
For *individuals* to sell gear or post want-to-buy inquiries.

Closed Thread

Old December 1st, 2004, 04:47 PM   #2506
Wrangler

I was just thinking...

How sweet would this setup be as a Christmas present.

Tell your wives, tell your girlfriends, tell your wife's girlfriends, spread the word and the Christmas cheer, merry Christmas to all, and to all a good year.

(I kind of feel a song coming on)
Old December 1st, 2004, 05:11 PM   #2507
Trustee

Rob, I'm with you........when shelling out $300-$400 for CD's- you should be able to sell them and not have to worry about "License Transfers" to use them legally....they're supposed to be royalty-free and the musicians who performed the songs were paid- but I guess that's not enough....

....oh well- this is what corporate America wants for it's citizens.......the bottom line is the dollar!

I hope I sell them anyway. Thanks everyone.
Old December 1st, 2004, 05:17 PM   #2508
Trustee

Canon Optura 300 $550

Mint condition, NTSC, manuals, CD and cables.......12 tapes run through it.....also including a 64MB SimpleTech SD card for 2 megapixel still photos and mpeg-4 video onto the card.
Nice little video camera with Digic DV, Pictbridge capabilities and RGB Primary color filter for 3CCD-like video- also shoots true optical 16:9 video!

Paypal verified, stevenyc1@aol.com

(I wanna try a GS400 for kicks)
Old December 1st, 2004, 05:21 PM   #2509
Regular Crew

http://www.digitaljuice.com/communit...smode=&s=#2821
Old December 1st, 2004, 07:24 PM   #2510
New Boot

SALE PENDING
Old December 1st, 2004, 07:28 PM   #2511
New Boot

Eh, just tell them Steve here bought it for you as a birthday give. ;)

I'm not sure if you'd ever really need support using music CDs anyway. They're pretty self explanatory.
Old December 1st, 2004, 08:14 PM   #2512
Trustee

Jed was nice enough to link me to this post on Digital Juice's own forum:.......here goes:

Question:

I would like to use digital juice clips for a school video production to be broadcast on cable to our community. When I purchase a Juice product will I then have the legal rights to do that? What if I purchase a Juice product on Ebay? Are those rights transferable to a new owner? Thanks for your help.

Response from Juice Tech:
Digital Juice products are royalty free so you can use them in any production without an issue.

eBay... The license agreement is between Digital Juice and the original purchaser. We can not stop people from selling/buying on eBay, but you will not get the privileges and support given to "formal" customers.

OK- so who wants them? They're officially, "Royalty Free"!!!
Old December 1st, 2004, 10:15 PM   #2513
Major Player

This thread is about to get even more interesting. :)

So to my understanding, if I use a second-hand copy, I do not have any of the privileges & support of the original buyer (who cares about support, unless I need to document something for E&O insurance?). Privileges (to my reading) include the license and the right to make copies and use the material in other works. So while the music is royalty-free, I think I would still be in violation of the copyrights and subject to fines and penalties. Royalty-Free does not equal copyright-free.

There is never a SPOT around when you need one. :)
Old December 1st, 2004, 10:29 PM   #2514
Trustee

The Digital Juice tech guys stated you can use them in any production without an issue.....

...unless someone here makes a million dollars in their next production using the Backtraxx audio, I really doubt anyone is gonna care- that's my unofficial resonse- but then again- if you were making that kind of $$ from a production- you could always get a set and you'd have the "Official" licensing.....

.....I think the spirit of the tech guy was trying to say that buying a used set would be ok for productions without much hassel.

If this starts to get all crazy- I'll just withdraw the set- it's only $150 I'm trying to get for them.....I paid more for my camera flash- so this isn't worth getting nuts over.
Old December 1st, 2004, 10:32 PM   #2515
New Boot

Again, if the Digital Juice guys questioned anything just say Steve got them for you as a gift (that was a typo earlier). I don't see how they could argue with that.
Old December 1st, 2004, 11:29 PM   #2516

Geez, you need a "Spot" around? :-) I guess Iv'e got quite a rep for being a copyright dink, huh?

Here's the deal....If DJ says that only the original purchaser has a licence to use, that's their prerogative. Licenses don't have to be transferable, and if the EULA says it's not....then it's not.
Many companies use restrictive licensing to keep a grip on who is using their products and where. For instance, if you had a television show such as "Orange County Choppers" that gets a lot of eyes and ears, they're gonna potentially want a piece of that, or more importantly, have access to a database that shows who bought the music library being used in that show for purposes of mechanical billing, if there is any fee. Remember, THEY, not YOU, own the copyright. Having royalty free tracks isn't the same as no copyright, and no performance royalty, which comes from the broadcaster.

I've not read their license, couldn't find it quick and easy on their website and I don't own their products, somewhat for this very reason.

Remember, I'm not a lawyer. I've just paid lots of "tuition" to learn about copyright issues.
http://www.vasst.com
Old December 1st, 2004, 11:49 PM   #2517
Major Player

Well, the plot has gotten even more interesting. I just went looking for the link to the license agreement, and DJ appears to have taken it off-line in the last 48 hours. WTF ???? Maybe they want people to buy their stuff second-hand!!
Old December 2nd, 2004, 09:15 AM   #2518
Trustee

Maybe the legal dept over at DJ heard about this thread and decided to give their "policies" a review and decided to pull the "agreement" off their site.....wether this will be good or bad for 2nd hand copies of the material remains to be seen....but i'm willing to bet if it doesn't benefit them- it will be against the end-user.

<< Commercials kill me when they say, "Bank at XXXX Bank- we're the bank that cares"......funny- I've never gotten a call from a single commerical institution asking how I was doing.............it all about the dollars!!! >>
Old December 2nd, 2004, 09:35 AM   #2519
Tourist

Looking for a used GL-2

Just wondering if anybody has a used GL-2. Thanks!
Old December 2nd, 2004, 10:30 AM   #2520
New Boot

FYI:

Digital Juice BackTraxx End User License Agreement
http://www.digitaljuice.com/license_btx.asp
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Private Classifieds