Digital Cinema - Filmmaker's Training Course? - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Read About It
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Read About It
Some old-fashioned book-learnin' will do you some good.

Old January 15th, 2008, 09:19 AM   #31
Regular Crew

Hi Sherman, funny you should mention it. Something like that is already in preproduction right now : )

24 hours of educational video on 16 DVDs, focused on filmmaking savvy, examples, demonstrations, and tips.
Learn Scriptwriting, Formatting, Editing, Camera Operation, Lighting, Exposure, Audio, and Directing.
Old January 15th, 2008, 11:01 AM   #32
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush Hamden View Post
Yes, we sure did notice the optional DVDs, not to worry.

Hey, speaking of which... My wife has been creating a collage of photos from every country that the DCT course has been shipped to. She pastes them in a mapping software with pushpins for each city. She's wondering if you can either send us or post up a picture of Rogaland or Aalgard. She's obsessed with Norway anyhow, and has been reading about the excellent social services system, super-low unemployment and crime, etc. She's a cold-weather kind of person (opposite to me, I love LA weather) and she keeps saying she wants to go up and live in one of the Fjord communities, like this one:

Before you placed your order, she was doing so much research on Norway, and baby names and such, and I started calling her Ragnar just for fun. I swear it's true! Then you placed your order the same day! She just about flipped when I told her that. She sent you an email a few days ago, but seeing as though we have had issues with that, I'll tell her to send you another one. She just has a few questions to ask an actual Norwegian person rather then the web. : )

Anyhow, sorry for the ramble. If you can send us pic, we'd be much obliged!
Hi
Well, life can be strange. It is not the temperature that worrie me most here, it is the rain. On a normal sunny day, the temperature here in Norway is not so far away from what you have in LA. I have been cold in LA, and I do not think the Pacific Ocean is so warm either. But its a nice place to visit.

As for the images, I do not have so many representing my place, but other people have done the job for me. Please take a look.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%85lg%C3%A5rd

The place is 30 km from Stavanger

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3Den%26sa%3DN

This fjord is not so far away either.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...3D10%26hl%3Den

You and your wife are welcomed to send me questions, and If you need something more, please let me know.

Best
Ragnar
Old January 15th, 2008, 12:35 PM   #33
Regular Crew

Sweet! Thanks Ragnar. We really appreciate it. Jeez, I never would've thought it's warm up there. Thanks for the links. PS, if anyone else who bought the course wants to send pics or links, please email me or post them.

Ragnar, tracking number via DHL: 7479873166. I dropped it off yesterday, but they said it ships today. So a bit later, you should be able to check that number. Those guys killed me: $97! On the phone they said $75... Their scale went 1/2 an ounce over mine, so it kicked the package into the next weight level. But I'm a man of my word. It's on its way to you.

24 hours of educational video on 16 DVDs, focused on filmmaking savvy, examples, demonstrations, and tips.
Learn Scriptwriting, Formatting, Editing, Camera Operation, Lighting, Exposure, Audio, and Directing.
Old January 15th, 2008, 12:46 PM   #34
Major Player

butting in uncool

Squeezing my toe in the door I insist that Rush did wish for "a cool thread" and Mrs. Rush likes cool places (snowy garden attached).

My query is about what software and training OTHER THAN Adobe After Effects (very expensive) .... Will enable me to animate one still (of a raptor about to land, selected) on top of another still of a deep landscape with mountains in background and rocks in foreground. My purpose is to place the (selected) raptor at a distance and zoom it forward to the rocks in front (using the landscape as an unanimated background)?

If I thought your course includes such software with training, Rush, I would buy it fast. I have a lot of good stills and video clips with great potential for simple (?) superimposed animation as described above. I use XM2 + Digital Rebel + Canon 100-400mm + Elements 4.0. I admit I have little use for graphics, film techniques or audio. I use PC.
Attached Thumbnails
Digital Cinema - Filmmaker's Training Course?-garden-under-snow.jpg  

Last edited by Brendan Marnell; January 15th, 2008 at 04:34 PM.
Old January 15th, 2008, 01:49 PM   #35
New Boot

Quote:
Sweet! Thanks Ragnar. We really appreciate it. Jeez, I never would've thought it's warm up there. Thanks for the links. PS, if anyone else who bought the course wants to send pics or links, please email me or post them.

Ragnar, tracking number via DHL: 7479873166. I dropped it off yesterday, but they said it ships today. So a bit later, you should be able to check that number. Those guys killed me: $97! On the phone they said $75... Their scale went 1/2 an ounce over mine, so it kicked the package into the next weight level. But I'm a man of my word. It's on its way to you.
Hi
Again, thank you very much.

Best regards
Ragnar
Old January 15th, 2008, 11:14 PM   #36
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan Marnell View Post
My query is about what software and training OTHER THAN Adobe After Effects (very expensive) .... Will enable me to animate one still (of a raptor about to land, selected) on top of another still of a deep landscape with mountains in background and rocks in foreground. My purpose is to place the (selected) raptor at a distance and zoom it forward to the rocks in front (using the landscape as an unanimated background)?
Hi Brendan! Thanks for the pic, it's cool dude!

Hey, I don't know if you're aware, but you can get Adobe AE super-cheap if you're a student/teacher. Go to www.studica.com they got the Pro for $338: http://www.studica.com/Adobe/#NEW%20...ual%20Products

Wow that's an interesting proposition. Do you have editing software at least? So you want to zoom into the raptor? Are you dissolving stills or actually flying in the still? If you're animating the flight path, you can do it with FCP for sure, as long as you use Photoshop to key the raptor with an alpha channel. Also use photoshop to key the foreground element (chop the top part over the rocks) then animate the flight over the background, and under the key of the foreground rocks. I do that stuff in FCP all the time.

Old March 18th, 2008, 11:57 AM   #37
Regular Crew

Does anyone know if the DCT-MP Command-Full comes with the Field Manual and Prep CD that comes in the DCT-MP Command package?
Old March 18th, 2008, 03:50 PM   #38
Regular Crew

Hi Brian, it sure does. The "Full" or "Plus" course comes with everything.

Old March 19th, 2008, 11:04 AM   #39
Regular Crew

Thanks Rush. I just wanted to make sure, cause I couldn't find the specifics of it. I ordered it yesterday. The samples all look really awesome.
Old March 19th, 2008, 11:36 AM   #40
Regular Crew

Thank you, Brian. I appreciate the order, sir. : )

Old March 27th, 2008, 03:18 PM   #41
Major Player

Quote:
Hi Sherman, funny you should mention it. Something like that is already in preproduction right now : )
Rush,

When will this come out?

I have it in mind to buy the course soon but if this will at some point be included, I would like to wait until then.
Old March 28th, 2008, 04:22 AM   #42
Regular Crew

Hi Terry,

It will be a major 8-12 DVD optional update that will not be included in the main course. It will be released July/August. It will include Camera Techniques, Life on the Set, Full Live Movie Production of an entire feature from Day 1 to Day 15, Professional Commercial Production with a Broadcast HD 2/3" Camera, Set Etiquette and Communication, and much more. But it will be optional, so don't worry about your investment in the course. : )

Rush.

Old March 28th, 2008, 10:24 AM   #43
Major Player

Thanks alot Rush!

Can't wait to buy the course. I will be in Portugal during July but when I come back I will probably buy the DVD update to.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Read About It