Subscription to a nature video magazine...? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Read About It
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Read About It
Some old-fashioned book-learnin' will do you some good.

Old March 24th, 2008, 12:20 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Subscription to a nature video magazine...?

I hope my question isn't repetitive because I've searched this forum and only found one result for "wildlife magazine" and the discussions were on all types of video topics.

Is there a magazine out there (not online) similar to Videomaker and the others (I used to subscribe to Videomaker for several years) but are specifically for the Wildlife & Nature Videographer? I can only find Photography magazines on the subject.
Old April 1st, 2008, 08:32 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I'll take the absence of responses, as a "No". :-))
Old April 3rd, 2008, 04:25 PM   #3
Major Player

Good idea and there are companies out there who sponsor and advertise a bunch of still photo nature publications and also allot of still camera companies who market to the outdoor still photographer. I am amazed that video camera manufacturer companies like Sony and Canon have not marketed there prosumer or there professional line of products to wildlife or nature videographers. The "green" movement is huge now along with conservation of wildlife and its all being documented with still and Video cameras. But no specific magazine for it, Wow.
Old April 11th, 2008, 11:00 AM   #4
Major Player

Don't know what it's like on the other side of the pond, but here in the UK we are down to one video-making magazine these days. Not much hope for anything specific to wildlife!
Old April 11th, 2008, 11:10 AM   #5
Regular Crew

I believe the 'other side of the pond' may be this very DV Info community, it's the most helpful forum I've ever seen, and with its own nature and wildlife section! But it would be nice to have it all in print...glossy photos...coming to my mailbox... :^)
Old April 11th, 2008, 11:42 AM   #6
Major Player

There is an equivalent digital video forum in the UK run by a magazine that is now defunct - it gets very few posts these days. And somebody did start up a specific wildlife video forum a few months ago, but already it has disappeared off the internet.

Since I discovered this forum, I've hardly needed to look at a printed magazine, except when I was away from home and wanted to check the address of a particular video shop.

This is much better than a glossy magazine through the mail box.
Old April 11th, 2008, 12:06 PM   #7
Regular Crew

I agree with you about the usefulness of this forum - it's fantastic.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Read About It