Benk Lanc remotes at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Remote Lens Controllers
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old October 26th, 2007, 12:38 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Benk Lanc remotes

Does anyone have any experience with the Benk Lanc-50 remote (with a GL2)? Most Lanc remotes are way out of my budget, so I'd like to find a decent remote at a reasonable price. Thanks!
Sunny Singh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2007, 06:05 PM   #2
New Boot

What I did was buy an inexpensive controller off Ebay $40. didn't like the feel of the speed adjustment. So I installed the circuit board in a new heavy duty box and used heavy duty switches. Had to find a 8 bit rotary encoder so I could use the adjusable zoom speeds in 8 steps from low to fast zoom. I will post a pic of it later

DaNc
Dan Copeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2007, 07:17 PM   #3
Obstreperous Rex

These Benk-branded controllers are going for about $60 on Ebay. I've never used one. What you have to watch out for is that the cheaper the controller, the less likely it'll be compatible with your camcorder. It's a gamble. I'd like to hear from anyone who is actually using one of these things.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2007, 07:22 PM   #4
New Boot

The one I bought came with a tripod (gave that away quick) it was on the tripod handle with a clip. I use it on my Sony Z1U and can control speed stepped and focus near far Record and turn the camera off and on and I have data view hooked up as well. It works well but I am looking at using a servo controller and servo to use the cameras zoom as it is more linear.

DaNc
Dan Copeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2007, 08:35 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Copeland View Post
What I did was buy an inexpensive controller off Ebay $40. didn't like the feel of the speed adjustment. So I installed the circuit board in a new heavy duty box and used heavy duty switches. Had to find a 8 bit rotary encoder so I could use the adjusable zoom speeds in 8 steps from low to fast zoom. I will post a pic of it later

DaNc
Pictures would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hurd View Post
These Benk-branded controllers are going for about $60 on Ebay. I've never used one. What you have to watch out for is that the cheaper the controller, the less likely it'll be compatible with your camcorder. It's a gamble. I'd like to hear from anyone who is actually using one of these things.
Yeah, I heard about them through an eBay search for Lanc remotes. My budget is extremely tight since this is just a hobby of mine, unfortunately. I'm a bit surprised at how expensive remotes can be. I've given the low-end Zoom Commanders some thought, but if I could save money and still get a functional remote, that'll suffice. I just need something simple with variable zoom, start/stop rec, and focus capabilities.
Sunny Singh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2007, 09:02 PM   #6
New Boot

The one I bought was this one (do a search for 120175836915 item number ) $46.00 but it came with the Lanc like this one 300164009812 $55.00 the clip on one and it does everthing on my Z1u I just didn't like the speed control nob

DaNc
Dan Copeland is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Remote Lens Controllers