zoom control units?? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Remote Lens Controllers
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old January 21st, 2007, 06:22 PM   #1
Regular Crew

zoom control units??

I'm going to be getting a bogen set up the 351 mvb with the 503 head. So what zoom control units are there for a reasonable price? I cant even find ones sold seperate and help would be great
Chris Sinista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2007, 06:37 PM   #2
Wrangler

Hi Chris! I moved your thread to our Remote Lens Controller forum which is where we usually discuss this sort of thing. A good place to start looking would be the Zoom and Focus Control category at our sponsor B&H Photo:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...rch&Q=&ci=1889

You might also spend a little time browsing through previous posts in this forum: http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/forumdisplay.php?f=123
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2007, 06:53 PM   #3
Major Player

Hi Chris,

If your Cam came with an Infrared Remote (that can control the Zooming), have you considered setting it up to use ??? It can be done with FiberOptic cable. That way you can attach it to your T-Pod's control handle(s) or hold it free hand. The limitation is only one speed zoom, but I've found that to be enough in most situations.

I've set all 4 of my Sony Cams up to use their's this way, in addition to using two of the Sony T-Pod's wired remote handles.

Can send you pics if interested.

Harold
Harold Schreiber is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Remote Lens Controllers