ProZoom at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Remote Lens Controllers

Old March 19th, 2007, 07:57 AM   #1
New Boot

ProZoom

Hi Guys,
Has any body tried the ProZoom 2 Digital zoom controller by Studio 1??? It sounds like a good unit, but how does it work with the XH-A1?
Thanks, Allen
Allen Kallel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2007, 08:30 AM   #2
Regular Crew

I have the ProZoom 2 from Studio 1 and Yes it works with the Canon XH-A1.

Rob

BTW: Studio 1 web site is http://www.studio1productions.com
Rob Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2007, 11:09 AM   #3
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Taylor View Post
I have the ProZoom 2 from Studio 1 and Yes it works with the Canon XH-A1.
Rob, just curious about a couple of things... does the ProZoom 2 support all of the features with the XH-A1, ie AF on/off? Also, does the zoom have the capability of ramping from a slow creep into a faster zoom? Would you have to start zooming at a 1, then punch up the numbers to speed it up, or does this not work?

The sturdiness of this controller looks worlds better than canon's ZR-2000, but if it doesn't have a zoom creep, then maybe it's not ready for prime time? Any other comments?

Cheers,

-joe
Joe Bourguignon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2007, 02:30 PM   #4
Regular Crew

It supports toggling between manual and AF.
The zoom speed are fix. In other words you set if for zoom speed 1 the slowest speed and it will zoom in at that speed for as long as you hold down the zoom in button.

There is no rocker and for me I like that. I've had problems in the past when I have used rocker style zoom controllers where the speed will jump up or down when pressing the rocker.

I like to set the speed, usually the slowest speed and know that when I hold the button down, it's going to stay at the speed all the way in.

It is very sturdy, all metal construction.
Rob
Rob Taylor is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Remote Lens Controllers