Zoe-DVXL and PD-170 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Remote Lens Controllers
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old July 27th, 2007, 07:07 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Zoe-DVXL and PD-170

The Focus button on my new Zoe-DVXL does not work correctly with my Sony PD-170. Pushing this button once puts the Zoe into manual focus mode, using the rocker to adjust focus. Pushing that button again is supposed to toggle out of that mode, allowing the rocker switch to be used for zoom control. However, my unit does not do this. It stays in manual focus mode.

For anyone who uses the DVXL with the PD-170, is my unit defective, or is this a quirk with the LANC implementation on the PD-170? Two days ago I emailed Zoe support, but, surprisingly, have not heard from them.

=============
Update: Apparently the DVXL does not work correctly with Sony cams. I contacted B&H, where I bought my unit, and spoke to a tech support, who told me that in his experience the model doesn't operate the Sonys correctly, although it works well with Panasonic cameras (it has a switch for switching between the LANC and Panasonic protocols). B&H on their web site description mentions Panasonic support only, although the 16x9 and Bebob sites list Sony/Canon support, as does the instruction leaflet included with the model. So, I'm returning mine and replacing it with a Varizoom.

Last edited by Allen Brodsky; July 27th, 2007 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Add new information.
Allen Brodsky is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Remote Lens Controllers