New Documentary shot inside San Quentin Prison on the Infinity DMC 1000/20 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old January 21st, 2009, 04:56 PM   #1
Tourist

New Documentary shot inside San Quentin Prison on the Infinity DMC 1000/20

I'm shooting a Doc in San Quentin, and starting next week I'll be using the new Thompson Grass Valley Infinity DMC 1000/20. I'll be blogging about my experience with the camera at www.trustcommunity.org just click "blog". We have an introductory trailer up on the site that we put together over the last year and a half working in the prison. Let me know what you think and pass the link around, we really need community support.

Thanks,
Jesse Dana
DP | Producer
SF | LA | NY
www.trustcommunity.org
www.jessedana.com
Jesse Dana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2009, 07:23 PM   #2
Tourist

Link temporarily broken

It looks like our server just suffered a DDOS attack, but it should be back up in a few hours. You can still see the trailer at my site www.jessedana.com just click "documentary".

Thanks,
Jesse Dana
DP | Producer
SF | LA | NY
www.trustcommunity.org
www.jessedana.com
Jesse Dana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2009, 01:48 PM   #3
Major Player

Hey Jesse,

Great clip, really hit home for me (I have a family member currently incarcerated). I'm in the Bay Area too so if you need help shoot me an email.

Jay
Jay Kavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2009, 02:01 PM   #4
Major Player

Jessee, well done. I work for CDCR and am familiar with the program and most of the folks in your video. I only had one comment... the closing clip of Warden Ayers is used to support the prior statements made by the previous interviewee, but the way you only use a portion of what Warden Ayers said makes it appear that you are using his statements potentially out of context. It would be better if there was a connector in his words to the prior statements.

I'm not making this very clear, but it just felt like you took a clip of someone saying "it's terrific!" and appended it to a clip of something else... the viewer doesn't really know if the "It's terrific" statement was made about or even in conjunction with the prior statement.
Chris Swanberg is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work