New website up with our shorts and trailers! Check it. - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old December 30th, 2003, 03:40 AM   #16
Regular Crew

My pleasure

Devin, it was my pleasure, I believe in supporting people who are prepared to get out there and have a go, I love this medium with a passion and like you and your crew want to push the boundaries as much as possible.

You guys have been an inspiration to me to see if I can set up a web site so I can show of some of my work as well, I will try and get one up in the comming year, when it is up and running I will let the forum know.

Again well done, and looking forward to the feature.

Regards, Cliff Elliott
Cliff Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2004, 09:06 AM   #17
RED Code Chef

I like the overal design of the site, but somehow alternate
navigations like your remote control don't work that well for me
(probably my weird mind).

Checked out the trailer and the music was nice. Opening shot
and the dolly accross the hall were great. May I suggest you
guys start looking at color correction and increase the apparent
latitude (exposure) of DV?

I also checked out the two shorts and I really liked Confession.
The intro was very well done and the rest quite hilarious! Good work!!

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2004, 01:18 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Your sense of humor is very similar to mine, so I really liked your shorts. Confessions was quite well made. You might like some of the stuff on my website, but be forewarned: it's fairly random. Anyways, keep up the good work. Looking forward to 10:17.
Old January 3rd, 2004, 07:16 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Well done, enjoyed! Some of the ideas were like 'why? what is this?' but full marks coz you got out there and did it and am sure learnt a lot. Was impressed with some of the sound editing. AM affraid i may have crashed your website downloading all your movies! Only tip i can offer is to try and get a few more angles, ie even if it means saying or doing the same thing again, with the camera positioned else where. Your pals could of held the camera a lot better when filming you at the super market, incidentally im suprised you never got arrested!!!I was half expecting some security man to come and carry you away as you rolled around the floor with some prettey startled looks form passers by! lol. Was a laugh, and well done, keep it up!
Old January 3rd, 2004, 11:26 PM   #20
Regular Crew

<<<-- Originally posted by Michael Connor : Well done, enjoyed! Some of the ideas were like 'why? what is this?' but full marks coz you got out there and did it and am sure learnt a lot. Was impressed with some of the sound editing. AM affraid i may have crashed your website downloading all your movies! Only tip i can offer is to try and get a few more angles, ie even if it means saying or doing the same thing again, with the camera positioned else where. Your pals could of held the camera a lot better when filming you at the super market, incidentally im suprised you never got arrested!!!I was half expecting some security man to come and carry you away as you rolled around the floor with some prettey startled looks form passers by! lol. Was a laugh, and well done, keep it up! -->>>

When I first started making videos, I knew absolutely nothing, and was just putting clips next to each other ontop of music. I've learned a lot since then, and I believe I'm getting better with each video I release.

About the supermarket comment, that was in a mall... In february of last year, I was banned "for life"... Last month I cut a deal with them, and am allowed back in this february 9th :)

In reference to the "Why? What is this?" comment... My work is truly random, but I have quite a fanbase who thinks it's genius... Then again, there are an equal number of people who just think I'm insane. I do what I can :)

Obviously I won't get as much respect on this forum for my work as I do from everyone else, because my work is nothing special from a technical aspect, it's all about entertainment... But isn't creativity what it's all about? :)
Old January 4th, 2004, 06:53 AM   #21
Regular Crew

here here, & when i said 'why' i wansnt nocking you! I think you have to create that 'why' 'what' impression sometimes if you want it to be funny. The viewer then makes a decision. Confronted with a man pretending hes a goose or repeatedly saying the same thing, causes someone to flip the channel as it were, or laugh. Fight or flight psychologists may call it. If they dont make a decision, then your not impacting them, and the footage becomes insignificant. Im pleased to say you made me laugh and i will be showing the clips to a few friends to try and persuade them and inspire them to chill, have a laugh and help me with this video thing!
Old January 4th, 2004, 09:46 AM   #22
Regular Crew

<<<-- Originally posted by Michael Connor : here here, & when i said 'why' i wansnt nocking you! I think you have to create that 'why' 'what' impression sometimes if you want it to be funny. The viewer then makes a decision. Confronted with a man pretending hes a goose or repeatedly saying the same thing, causes someone to flip the channel as it were, or laugh. Fight or flight psychologists may call it. If they dont make a decision, then your not impacting them, and the footage becomes insignificant. Im pleased to say you made me laugh and i will be showing the clips to a few friends to try and persuade them and inspire them to chill, have a laugh and help me with this video thing! -->>>

Haha, the fact that you downloaded all of my videos is a compliment itself. Thanks for the feedback, and glad to inspire. It's all about coming up with a random idea, then actually going with it :P
Old January 4th, 2004, 10:39 AM   #23
Regular Crew

Hello all, hope the new year finds you well. We're in the process of uploading 2 new shorts to the site, as well as putting the finishing touches on 10:17.

In the meanwhile: with all this hype that's been flying around the forum about homebuilt mini-35s Spencer and I - along with a lot of help from his dad - have created a couple of our own with old 50mm lenses. We've posted a test with the first completed mini-50 system under the tests section on the media page, you can find it here, entitled "Completed Mini50 (w/ground glass)":

http://www.par-t-com.net/media.html

It was shot with my GL1, we're still tweaking it to get rid of the distortion near the edges. Below are a couple pics of the system:

http://www.par-t-com.net/mini50_wide.JPG
http://www.par-t-com.net/mini50_front.JPG
http://www.par-t-com.net/mini50_guts.JPG

Thanks for checking the site, we'll let you know ASAP when we get those new films uploaded!
Old January 5th, 2004, 09:23 AM   #24
Regular Crew

Ok, the new films are up. The first one is entitled "even ounces." This was my first short film, done while back in Germany. The other short called "bling bling man" is hidden, but if you start on the about us page you should be in good shape...hint hint! Hope everyone is doing well.
Old January 5th, 2004, 10:02 AM   #25
RED Code Chef

Bling bling was on top of the ice! Nice work.

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work