The Tunnel "a horror short" at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old March 26th, 2005, 07:44 PM   #1
Regular Crew

The Tunnel "a horror short"

Hey guys haven't posted in a while but here is my last effort at making a horror short. It's a little weird but tell me what you think

the address is www.eligulproductions.com its in the movies section and the movies is called 'The Tunnel" :)

Hope you enjoy!
Dmitry Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2005, 08:18 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Directer link:
http://www.eligulproductions.com/tunnel.html

Save the zipped file to hard drive, uncompress, enjoy.
Glenn Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2005, 01:26 AM   #3
Regular Crew

thanks

Hey thanks man :) whadya think by the way?
Old March 27th, 2005, 02:21 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Very cool! I liked the color scheme that was produced and the lighting a lot! Keep it up!
Daniel Skubal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2005, 02:33 PM   #5
Wrangler

k, I hope you take constructive criticism well...

The "green Matrix tinge" colour scheme is getting real old and has lost all its uniqueness.

You have 60 seconds of story/content stretched out to a 4 minute package. The uniqueness of your effects, which you did very well by the way, get boring after about 30 seconds.

I watched the whole thing hoping that the payoff would be more than "guy stuck in tunnel becomes one of the ghosts".

Overall, you produced it well, but your content didn't deliver.
Old March 27th, 2005, 02:45 PM   #6
Inner Circle

Like Dylan, I thought the idea/concept could have been stronger. The story could've been less straightforward... i.e. have the guy think he just needs more sleep and is imagining things. He also doesn't deserve to be turned into a ghost, which is kind of unsatisfying.
Glenn Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2005, 02:48 PM   #7
Regular Crew

thanks

Thanks for the criticism guys, always good to hear a few comments on how I could better my stories in the future :)
Old March 28th, 2005, 01:25 PM   #8
Major Player

I enjoyed watching this, but have to agree it stretches for a bit too long. Maybe cutting 1 minute off would have made it more interesting.

But overall it's a nice short. Sometimes people here are a bit too harsh on what are just a simple short films.
Dave Ferdinand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2005, 01:14 PM   #9
Regular Crew

I liked this short as well.

I would have built up a little more slowly the story rather than introducing the first ghost so directly. Give it some tension and then build the tension gradually to the climax where he realises he is surrounded by ghosts just before he discovers he is a ghost himself.

I liked the sound and visual effects. They added quite a bit to the tension that was there.

I also loved the ending. It was nontraditional and gave a lot more meaning to the story than had he just woke up from a dream.
Geoffrey Engelbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2005, 01:10 PM   #10
Regular Crew

Merci

Thanks guys, This was a short I did for my film class and it's a one day effort :) I totally should have put more time into it. What did you think about the score? My brother wrote all the music in like 5 minutes and I loved it :)

thanks again for the criticism keep it coming :)
Old April 1st, 2005, 12:55 AM   #11
Major Player

D_YUN--- hit me up on email

My overall opinion..? Good stuff....BUT

two problems

most important

#1 --- the contrast in sound...and camera moves from ghosts/demons to victim are too drastic
blend them better... add more nat sound or something to when the enemies attack... also add more cam movement to them... or shoot your vicitim on tripod.

#2 --- less Important, but so DAMN important... you have no character developement... you dont need much in a piece like this.. but u need one thing... For us to ---*LIKE*-- your main character... I don't know who that guy is... Develope him just a lil bit.... and this thing would overall.... be Twice as better as it is... with nothing from problem#1 above ever even worried about. It makes a big difference... It does.
Brent Marks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2005, 01:03 AM   #12
Major Player

I take that back... I made a mistake.. I mean....

I dont have to **LIKE** him...
I just need to know him a bit... just a lil... give me a bone to work with...

U have to know the main character good or bad...

We have no clue who this dude is!

THE LEG

YOUR EDITING ROCKS!
Brent Marks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2005, 03:20 PM   #13
Regular Crew

Thanks

Hey thanks for that advice bro, the problem was I had to make a 2.30 to 3:00 min short for class so I didn't have much time to develop any characters but in the original story the guy is a junkie. Thanks for the complements and the critique man it helps reading theses things :)
Old April 14th, 2005, 08:16 PM   #14
New Boot

I liked it. The music and sound effects made it really interesting. It's tough to tell riviting story in 3 min. or less. You did a good job.
Brook Young is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work