Short Movie - The Vile at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old April 5th, 2005, 02:46 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Short Movie - The Vile

What's going on DV folks? "The Vile" is my latest project, and my 2nd short film. It was shot with a Panasonic DVX 100A. The best part of making this movie is getting that hands on experience and learning from mistakes. I can't wait to shoot something else! Check it out and let me know what you think. Thanks....

http://www.steakmotionpictures.com/thevile.wmv
Walter McElroy, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2005, 03:03 PM   #2
Major Player

That was trippy Walter. But I enjoyed it. Very Sci-Fi/Goth Horror/Tales from the Dark Side kind of Vibe. Not too bad for your second short film; I can see you are working it out in your head; compositons and editing.

I liked this; not perfectly executed but it seem to flow within the trippy atmosphere you created.

The only technical advice I have is too check your monitor caibration and start reading into IRE levels and using your VIdescopes to get a true image.

Well done! Keep it up!
John Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2005, 03:18 PM   #3
Major Player

Good job. Mostly for a 2nd short it looks very nice indeed.
Dave Ferdinand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2005, 08:42 PM   #4
Major Player

I really enjoyed this.

I also thought the special effects parts at the end looked very nice.

Didn't really understand the story, but I'll chalk that one up to my inherent inability to grasp most stories.

Good Work!
Old April 7th, 2005, 09:56 AM   #5
New Boot

I enjoyed it, too, especially the creative use of camera angles. I'd like to try some of that in my next effort.

Um... shouldn't the title be "The Vial"? Or have I missed something?

Arthur
Arthur Babcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2005, 11:55 AM   #6
Regular Crew

I really enjoyed it too. I also like the play on words with the title.

The film had a lot of nice images and the music and effects worked well to create the perfect atmosphere.

I had a bit of trouble following the story until I skimmed through it a second time and then realised what was going on. After I figured it out I liked the idea of the story but I don't really know how you can make it clearer. I guess what threw me was the way the first woman passed the vial on to the second. She seemed to be splashing it all over her and I thought the first time she was trying to kill her too.

Excellent job for a second short!!
Geoffrey Engelbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2005, 12:00 PM   #7
Major Player

oh ok
Yeah thats what was messing me up too - I thought she was trying to splash it on her to kill her.
Old April 7th, 2005, 01:09 PM   #8
Regular Crew

I appreciate the comments and critiques fellas. I definatley will take a look into what IRE levels and videscopes are and how they will help improve the next project John. I might add in another scene to help the story a little more.
Walter McElroy, Jr. is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work