BROKEN ($8000 Action Short - 100 Vfx Shots) DVX100a - MOVIE TRAILER - Page 6 at DVinfo.net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old January 15th, 2006, 10:24 PM   #76
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Hollywood, FL
Posts: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath McKnight
Don't go to film--most fests want and prefer HDCam. Even if you shoot 16mm, go for the "blow-up" to HDCam.

When are you shooting?

heath
the 35mm is for theatrical release and only will do the blow up after we get US distribution. We hope to shot early summer.
Alex J Ferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2006, 09:36 AM   #77
MPS Digital Studios
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
Posts: 8,531
Cool, Alex. I knew some people who had a $50,000 budget, $30,000 of which was going to 35mm with no distribution. I finally convinced them to stop shooting on weekends and drop all the budget into the shoot. Movie looks awesome and it's going to fests on HDCam.

heath
__________________
My Final Cut Pro X blog
Heath McKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2006, 10:44 AM   #78
Major Player
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 276
Images: 2
Hey Alex,

Recieved the DVD over the weekend. I had a chance to watch it last night. I really dug the effects, look and style a ton! Beautifully done! I had a little trouble trying to follow the story through, it reads as if there is a whole lot more there waiting to be poured out in the feature. Am I right? I thought the acting was really nicely done as well - especially from the lead bad dude (forget his name). Definately a worthwhile pickup - the extras rock! Thanks for all the time you put into the extras - good to share the know-how. The only thing I would have loved to see more of wit the extras was some more info on the lighting - maybe it can be a bonus download from the site - heh.

Best of luck on the feature, cant wait to see it!
Jeremy Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2006, 05:22 AM   #79
Major Player
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Belgium
Posts: 695
How long does it take normally to receive the DVD?
I'm waiting for a month now... can't wait to see.
Marc Colemont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2006, 09:00 AM   #80
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Hollywood, FL
Posts: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Colemont
How long does it take normally to receive the DVD?
I'm waiting for a month now... can't wait to see.
It is up to your customs department. Let me know what happens in a few weeks. Thanks for your patience.
Alex
Alex J Ferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2006, 08:15 AM   #81
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Hollywood, FL
Posts: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Hughes
Hey Alex,

Recieved the DVD over the weekend. I had a chance to watch it last night. I really dug the effects, look and style a ton! Beautifully done! I had a little trouble trying to follow the story through, it reads as if there is a whole lot more there waiting to be poured out in the feature. Am I right? I thought the acting was really nicely done as well - especially from the lead bad dude (forget his name). Definately a worthwhile pickup - the extras rock! Thanks for all the time you put into the extras - good to share the know-how. The only thing I would have loved to see more of wit the extras was some more info on the lighting - maybe it can be a bonus download from the site - heh.

Best of luck on the feature, cant wait to see it!
Thanks man! We worked hard on it. Thanks for the support.

Keep your eye on the prize

Alex
http://www.whatisbroken.com
http://www.enigmafactory.com
http://www.numbrobot.com (VFX for Indie Films)
Alex J Ferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2006, 03:36 PM   #82
Major Player
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Belgium
Posts: 695
Hi Alex, any idea when you have sent my DVD package?
Or details so I can trace it?
Normally it goes through customs the same day.
Marc Colemont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2006, 05:39 PM   #83
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Hollywood, FL
Posts: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Colemont
Hi Alex, any idea when you have sent my DVD package?
Or details so I can trace it?
Normally it goes through customs the same day.
Send me you info. We can not have tracking on an international shipping withoout charging more than $4.00. Sorry.

Please let me know.
Alex
Alex J Ferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2006, 02:37 PM   #84
Major Player
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Belgium
Posts: 695
DVD received! Thanks Alex.
Marc Colemont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2006, 10:45 AM   #85
Major Player
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Belgium
Posts: 695
Alex, this is some amazing editing and shooting. Well done.
Marc Colemont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2006, 10:58 AM   #86
Major Player
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Orange County
Posts: 296
I would love to see this. Mine got lost. I ordered it on the 5th and was told it shipped on the 7th. Never saw it. I'm now battling with Amazon, whom I purchased it through, for a refund. I paid for the best shipping possible, but even by media mail, it'd only take a week. Sucks for me. I really could have used the knowledge, from what I hear, is a great DVD.

It sounds like their tour of the festivals is going well. Right on for them. Hope the plans for the feature pan out. Looks really creative.
__________________
Heath Vinyard
www.ghostlandmedia.com
Heath Vinyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2006, 06:55 PM   #87
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Hollywood, FL
Posts: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath Vinyard
I would love to see this. Mine got lost. I ordered it on the 5th and was told it shipped on the 7th. Never saw it. I'm now battling with Amazon, whom I purchased it through, for a refund. I paid for the best shipping possible, but even by media mail, it'd only take a week. Sucks for me. I really could have used the knowledge, from what I hear, is a great DVD.

It sounds like their tour of the festivals is going well. Right on for them. Hope the plans for the feature pan out. Looks really creative.
Heath,

Please contract me so we can get you your copy of the DVD.

Alex
Alex J Ferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2006, 07:07 PM   #88
Major Player
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Orange County
Posts: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex J Ferrari
Heath,

Please contract me so we can get you your copy of the DVD.

Alex
Sent you email, Alex. Thanks for helping me with this. I know you guys are busy and all, so it's really cool of you to take care of this.
__________________
Heath Vinyard
www.ghostlandmedia.com
Heath Vinyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2006, 07:10 PM   #89
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Hollywood, FL
Posts: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath Vinyard
Sent you email, Alex. Thanks for helping me with this. I know you guys are busy and all, so it's really cool of you to take care of this.
Not a problem! We know what $25 is to a indie Filmmaker ; )
Alex
Alex J Ferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2006, 08:35 PM   #90
MPS Digital Studios
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
Posts: 8,531
Alex,

Where's the copy to submit to the Voices of Local Film at the Palm Beach International Film Festival? Check out our site:

www.pbfilmsociety.org

Thanks,

Heath
__________________
My Final Cut Pro X blog
Heath McKnight is offline   Reply
Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY

Z.G.C.
(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

 



Google
 

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:04 AM.


DV Info Net -- Real Names, Real People, Real Info!
1998-2017 The Digital Video Information Network