MMA promo completely revised! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old March 3rd, 2008, 01:36 PM   #1
Major Player

MMA promo completely revised!

I got a lot of help with the first draft of this MMA promo when I posted it here and on various MMA websites.

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=114917

It was generally considered too long and too slow, and I agreed. Here is the new version, completely re-edited with new music and voice-over. It is much higher energy and only a minute long.

Check it out on my blog, here...

http://mikepulcinella.com/whatsnew.htm

Thanks,
Mike
Michael Pulcinella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2008, 05:13 PM   #2
New Boot

Nice job on improving that! The first one I didn't even know what it was about. I just saw mma and heard music. This one is so much better, very professional. It's cool to see such a huge improvement.
Kevin Defy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2008, 08:10 PM   #3
Major Player

This version is a tremendous improvement. Excellent job! I know how hard it is to go back to the editing room and start from scratch.

I once edited a comedy bit that I divided into two 5:00 segments. I showed it to another editor and some others who said it was way too long and boring.

I started over from scratch, and I made a version that was just one 2:30 segment. Showed it to the same people who now loved it. It was the exact same footage, just much tighter editing.
Chris Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2008, 12:09 PM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Harris View Post
This version is a tremendous improvement. Excellent job! I know how hard it is to go back to the editing room and start from scratch.

I once edited a comedy bit that I divided into two 5:00 segments. I showed it to another editor and some others who said it was way too long and boring.

I started over from scratch, and I made a version that was just one 2:30 segment. Showed it to the same people who now loved it. It was the exact same footage, just much tighter editing.
Editing, man!! That's where the magic is!
Michael Pulcinella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2008, 04:59 PM   #5
Regular Crew

I actually prefer the older one, if the cuts in it were a little more intense and the black in white was more black and white instead of just the filter applied. The classical music gives the impression that MMA is a legitimate artform, which it is. The new one is good, a tad on the cliche side, but good work on both

Last edited by Nate Benson; March 5th, 2008 at 05:00 PM. Reason: Spelling
Nate Benson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2008, 01:28 AM   #6
Inner Circle

It looks like your client is very happy with the new video.

Good job. :)
Glenn Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2008, 10:03 PM   #7
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Chan View Post
It looks like your client is very happy with the new video.

Good job. :)
Yes. Even the people that HATED the video (and there were quite a few!) still checked out his website! Mission accomplished!
Old March 23rd, 2008, 12:30 AM   #8
Trustee

Awesome. Great improvement!

I wonder how it would look with just the music track, and without the VO? Would certainly build the anticipation.

Great music score. Where did you get it?
Mike Watson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work