DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Show Your Work (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/)
-   -   video trailer (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/5033-video-trailer.html)

Dylan Couper November 20th, 2002 11:09 AM

video trailer

Here's the trailer/highlight clip of the paintball tournament video I recently finished. It's minimized for bandwidth so it's choppy in places. It's still about 4mb, sorry to those of you on dial-up.

http://www.badlandspaintball.com/Tournament/rush2k2trailer.html

Ok, now everyone here buy a copy, ok? Remember those are Canadian dollars, so it's about the cost of a Happy Meal in US funds. ;)

Oh, if it doesn't work for you, it's not my site so there's nothing I can do about it.

Rob Lohman November 22nd, 2002 09:46 AM

Nice work... Pretty fast pace, slowed a bit down near the end.
Didn't like the music too much though.

Thanks for sharing!

Dylan Couper November 22nd, 2002 11:10 AM

Actually several of the last clips of the trailer are furious with paintballs flying through the air, but you can't tell because of the size and framerate of the video. The quality of the music was really brought down a lot in after being compressed for the internet as well.

Paul Sedillo December 19th, 2002 07:31 AM

Cool clip. So do you also play? I played for years, but quit due to job, family, etc.

Dylan Couper December 19th, 2002 07:34 PM

Yep. Hardcore! Only for the last 2 years, but I got hooked on my 1st game. Too bad it's so expensive.

Robert Knecht Schmidt December 19th, 2002 08:26 PM

Once was enough for me! I was shot point-blank in the head by somebody who was supposed to be dead. After the game was done, all my friends were so animalized that a cursing match erupted over where the bus should stop for lunch. All of it soured the experience for me. Plus I think I'd rather spend a day assisting strangers than shooting at my friends.

Dylan Couper December 19th, 2002 09:06 PM

Robert, a bad experience can sour any experience. Some people will carry anything too far, from paintball to hockey to politics.

Getting shot in the mask is, OK. Anywhere else on the head hurts. I got shot in the right testicle while filming a tournament once at close range. It was painful to say the least.

John Locke December 19th, 2002 10:40 PM

I don't know, Robert... I have some friends I wouldn't mind shooting from time to time (and vice-versa).

Paul Sedillo December 21st, 2002 12:05 PM

Dylan,

I started playing back in 1991 and have played off and on since. It is a very expnsive sport, but a blast to play.

Dylan Couper December 21st, 2002 01:56 PM

Wow, back in 91! That's when semiauto's were just beginning to really come into play, right? I think the first Automag was released in '91.
Yeah, it is expensive, although paint is so much cheaper now than 10 years ago, you shoot 10 times as much with an electro than you could with a pump. I usualy shoot 1000 rounds in a day, if I am playing somewhere I get a discount on paint...

Paul Sedillo December 22nd, 2002 10:41 AM

<<<-- Originally posted by Dylan Couper : Wow, back in 91! That's when semiauto's were just beginning to really come into play, right? I think the first Automag was released in '91.
Yeah, it is expensive, although paint is so much cheaper now than 10 years ago, you shoot 10 times as much with an electro than you could with a pump. I usualy shoot 1000 rounds in a day, if I am playing somewhere I get a discount on paint... -->>>

I started playing when I lived in Denver. We were a wild bunch of dudes, who created our own games. There were no paintball fields back in the old days. We would setup a battle zone on river beds up in the foothills of Denver. The games were great even though the guns did not shoot straight.

I remember when the first Automag hit the field. Man that was the BOMB. Everybody had to have one. It was such an unfair advantage back in 91 if played without one.

Houston has some pretty decent teams. I've considered joining one, just don't have the time.