video trailer at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old November 20th, 2002, 11:09 AM   #1
Wrangler

video trailer

Here's the trailer/highlight clip of the paintball tournament video I recently finished. It's minimized for bandwidth so it's choppy in places. It's still about 4mb, sorry to those of you on dial-up.

http://www.badlandspaintball.com/Tournament/rush2k2trailer.html

Ok, now everyone here buy a copy, ok? Remember those are Canadian dollars, so it's about the cost of a Happy Meal in US funds. ;)

Oh, if it doesn't work for you, it's not my site so there's nothing I can do about it.
Dylan Couper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2002, 09:46 AM   #2
RED Code Chef

Nice work... Pretty fast pace, slowed a bit down near the end.
Didn't like the music too much though.

Thanks for sharing!

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2002, 11:10 AM   #3
Wrangler

Actually several of the last clips of the trailer are furious with paintballs flying through the air, but you can't tell because of the size and framerate of the video. The quality of the music was really brought down a lot in after being compressed for the internet as well.
Old December 19th, 2002, 07:31 AM   #4
Major Player

Cool clip. So do you also play? I played for years, but quit due to job, family, etc.
Houston, Texas
Paul Sedillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2002, 07:34 PM   #5
Wrangler

Yep. Hardcore! Only for the last 2 years, but I got hooked on my 1st game. Too bad it's so expensive.
Old December 19th, 2002, 08:26 PM   #6
Wrangler

Once was enough for me! I was shot point-blank in the head by somebody who was supposed to be dead. After the game was done, all my friends were so animalized that a cursing match erupted over where the bus should stop for lunch. All of it soured the experience for me. Plus I think I'd rather spend a day assisting strangers than shooting at my friends.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | The best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Robert Knecht Schmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2002, 09:06 PM   #7
Wrangler

Robert, a bad experience can sour any experience. Some people will carry anything too far, from paintball to hockey to politics.

Getting shot in the mask is, OK. Anywhere else on the head hurts. I got shot in the right testicle while filming a tournament once at close range. It was painful to say the least.
Old December 19th, 2002, 10:40 PM   #8
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

I don't know, Robert... I have some friends I wouldn't mind shooting from time to time (and vice-versa).
Old December 21st, 2002, 12:05 PM   #9
Major Player

Dylan,

I started playing back in 1991 and have played off and on since. It is a very expnsive sport, but a blast to play.
Houston, Texas
Paul Sedillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2002, 01:56 PM   #10
Wrangler

Wow, back in 91! That's when semiauto's were just beginning to really come into play, right? I think the first Automag was released in '91.
Yeah, it is expensive, although paint is so much cheaper now than 10 years ago, you shoot 10 times as much with an electro than you could with a pump. I usualy shoot 1000 rounds in a day, if I am playing somewhere I get a discount on paint...
Old December 22nd, 2002, 10:41 AM   #11
Major Player

<<<-- Originally posted by Dylan Couper : Wow, back in 91! That's when semiauto's were just beginning to really come into play, right? I think the first Automag was released in '91.
Yeah, it is expensive, although paint is so much cheaper now than 10 years ago, you shoot 10 times as much with an electro than you could with a pump. I usualy shoot 1000 rounds in a day, if I am playing somewhere I get a discount on paint... -->>>

I started playing when I lived in Denver. We were a wild bunch of dudes, who created our own games. There were no paintball fields back in the old days. We would setup a battle zone on river beds up in the foothills of Denver. The games were great even though the guns did not shoot straight.

I remember when the first Automag hit the field. Man that was the BOMB. Everybody had to have one. It was such an unfair advantage back in 91 if played without one.

Houston has some pretty decent teams. I've considered joining one, just don't have the time.
Houston, Texas
Paul Sedillo is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work