Show Your Work 2006 - Page 16 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Closed Thread

Old March 27th, 2006, 03:36 PM   #226
Inner Circle

Is it wrong to like this?

Anyways, the credits are nice.
Old March 27th, 2006, 11:22 PM   #227
Tourist

Aerial video

I found a nice way to combine two of my hobbies photo/video and RC models :) The setup is: 420 lines bullet camera, 2.4 GHz transmitter/receiver, 12 dB yagi antenna, recorded on DV camcorder. I wonder if anyone knows how to disable AVG and auto color functions on these 'bullet' cameras. Mine is based on chipset from Sharp. Thanks.

http://myphotomagazine.com/rc/video/...eoDownlink.wmv
Old March 28th, 2006, 05:09 AM   #228
Regular Crew

"well you ain't gettin my $4.50, that's goin to weed bayyyyybeeee"

"shaniqua johnson-third grade-elbow drop-knock'd her azz out-true story-bring it on"

I chuckled.. couple clever lines in the script. Not bad.
Old March 28th, 2006, 05:21 AM   #229
Regular Crew

tear down the cheek dude.... good work haha
Old March 28th, 2006, 08:12 AM   #230
Major Player

Whoa!

You can make your own "Top Gun" movie! [I probably wouldn't want the propeller in each shot though...]

However--you can mount it sideways, and facing backwards also right?

Good stuff.

Somehow, I think there is a heartwarming family movie about a little boy or girl that builds a r/c plane with their parents and flies it in some kind of "championships". And of course--a bad guy that flies rc planes with a bad attitude.

That last shot as the plane comes down from the heavens and taxis towards the operator is something you don't even see in movies!
Old March 28th, 2006, 04:37 PM   #231
Tourist

John, thanks for the note.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John C. Chu
However--you can mount it sideways, and facing backwards also right?
Even better, I am going to mount it on a servo, so I can pan using a second radio. This was just our first attempt to get some video from the craft.

I am more interested in how to disable the AVG and auto white balance on Sharp bullet camera. Anyone knows a resource that will help me do this? Thanks.
Old March 28th, 2006, 04:51 PM   #232
Tourist

Thanks for the comment. I'm indeed a lot more efficient in After-Effects than I am in 3D Studio Max, turning the helicopter scenes into something more absurd and cartoonish than I wanted at first. With a budget, it's clear that I should go with someone who's really good at 3D instead of doing it by myself. The stuff coming out of The Embassy Visual Effects (Tetra Vaal, Scion, etc..) is just amazing; tightly integrated into the real world.
Old March 28th, 2006, 05:50 PM   #233
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by John C. Chu
[I probably wouldn't want the propeller in each shot though
I was up in a light aircraft getting some shots for a film and when I looked at the footage i noticed something strange....as the pilot banked round into the sun I put my ND filter on and the propeller (which you could see going round before the ND filter was on) disapeered. I was using my XL1s. I have no idea why that happened....maybe the freaquency of that particular propeller or may be a common thing with the ND filter on but whatever the reason I'm going back up and i'm keeping the ND filter on.

Obviously your lipstick camera won't have an ND filter but maybe you could cut an ND filter to fit and give that a go it may do the same you never know.

Andy
Old March 28th, 2006, 05:54 PM   #234
New Boot

I was on your website looking at the trailers page and was unable to download the trailer,. is it still up??

Thanks
Old March 28th, 2006, 07:29 PM   #235
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Graham
I was up in a light aircraft getting some shots for a film and when I looked at the footage i noticed something strange....as the pilot banked round into the sun I put my ND filter on and the propeller (which you could see going round before the ND filter was on) disapeered. I was using my XL1s. I have no idea why that happened....maybe the freaquency of that particular propeller or may be a common thing with the ND filter on but whatever the reason I'm going back up and i'm keeping the ND filter on.

Obviously your lipstick camera won't have an ND filter but maybe you could cut an ND filter to fit and give that a go it may do the same you never know.

Andy
Was your shutter speed constant? Could also be lit vs. backlit blades on the prop.
Old March 28th, 2006, 07:53 PM   #236
Major Player

yup I was shooting 25 fps so my shutter was always 1/50

Andy.
Old March 29th, 2006, 01:35 PM   #237
Major Player

If youre good at AE, then you're in good shape. I think the animation looks fine. Just start setting up those render passes on separate renders. You throw those HDR files in there for your light sources and you are going to be able to pull it off pretty well I think. Theres a lot of links on the net about rendering out passes and layers... this project here had a two day turn around here so I didnt have time to make it real nice and the model was put together real fast. I rendered with HDR and pushed out several passes so I could control the specular, ambient, etc. http://www.jeremyhughes77.com/_qt/tabletSound_9-25b.mov so I know you could pull it off too ;) ...plus if you render out HDR passes as well, AE can work with those now too so you would have even more control!
Old March 29th, 2006, 08:40 PM   #238
Trustee

New episode of Distortions on victory 5 TV!

We just put up a new episode for www.bionicbuddha.com aka (www.v5tv.com) on reverse lyrics in songs. We have another three episodes in the can for Rewired and Distortions, just trying to find time to edit them. We have also put some behind the scenes shots on our blog if you want to check it out.

Feedback always welcome.
Old March 29th, 2006, 11:34 PM   #239
New Boot

Skate Teaser

Two teasers, Edited pretty quickly, for a skate video I'm producing

http://www.filelodge.com/files/room1...che-Teaser.mp4

http://www.filelodge.com/files/room1...tonTrailer.mp4
Old March 30th, 2006, 10:09 PM   #240
Regular Crew

Video Experiment

www.aggieblvd.net/Concert.wmv

Quick little experiment that turned out cool. I had an assignment for my video class where I had to use the cropping tool, so I came up with this!

Enjoy!

P.S. Yes, that's me playing.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work