Show Your Work 2006 - Page 10 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Closed Thread

Old March 2nd, 2006, 07:58 PM   #136
Regular Crew

Biking

This video is a documentary/comedy about a group of Bike riders at Michigan State University. All dialog inbetween is improv, and aside from me, it was every guys first time ever being in front of a camera. We had a great time making it and I hope you guys enjoy it!

http://www.fansn.com/media.php?item=76

Also, I want to point out the way the video is displayed to the internet user. I've suddenly become a huge fan of Flash video (.flv) for HD footage as the quality is very nice for the file size (this video is just a little bigger than 10mb). I used to use WM9 pre-HD footage, but now, it just seems like Flash is the way to go.
Old March 3rd, 2006, 12:16 PM   #137
Major Player

That had me crackin up. Bus was classic - i didnt see that coming with the little spot you did. Lots of good stuff here man - make a DV Info series of it man!
Old March 3rd, 2006, 12:37 PM   #138
Major Player

Hip Hop's Dead invited to screen at the 2006 Sundays in the City March Movie Marathon

For those of you who were not able to catch the experimental HDV Music Video "Hip Hop's Dead" during my lecture at the 2005 HDFEST screening last October, now's your chance! "Hip Hop's Dead" has been invited to screen during the 2006 Sundays in the City March Movie Marathon on Sunday March 12th at 6:00PM, and again on Sunday March 26th at 7:00PM.

"Hip Hop’s Dead" is an experimental music video that was produced as an example of HDV production and screened during my lecture “HDV: A Cinematographer’s Point of View” at HDFEST 2005 in New York City.

You can read about the creation of this project here:

Hip Hop's Dead Production Article Part 1
http://www.hdvinfo.net/articles/sony...ordhamhhd1.php

Hip Hop's Dead Production Article Part 2
http://www.hdvinfo.net/articles/sony...ordhamhhd2.php

If you are unable to make it to the festival or live outside the New York area and are still interested in viewing the Music Video, you can watch it at the IFC Media Lab website by clicking here: http://medialab.ifc.com/film_detail.jsp?film_id=471

Also, the multi award winning Blackwater Elegy will do an encore screening at the 2006 Sundays in the City March Movie Marathon on Sunday March 26 at 7:00PM following "Hip Hop's Dead" second screening.

Again, the details are:

What: Jon Fordham's experimental Music Video project "Hip Hop's Dead"
Where: Screening at the 2006 Sundays in the City March Movie Marathon
When: Sunday March 12th at 6:00PM and again on Sunday March 26th at 7:00PM.

For more info please visit the 2006 Sundays in the City March Movie Marathon by clicking here: http://www.lonebeast.com/sundaysinth...ttheevent.html
Old March 4th, 2006, 02:32 AM   #139
Inner Circle

That was great stuff! Wonderfully done. Anyone who has ever been in a chat room will identify with that! Congratulations.
Old March 5th, 2006, 09:41 PM   #140
Major Player

Good job. I really liked the CATA Bus. I read Jeremy's post before I watched it and I didn't even see it coming. I'm in Holt, just around the corner from MSU.
Old March 6th, 2006, 03:49 PM   #141
Regular Crew

Short Film (Comedy) Shot on XL2/DVX100a

Here's a Short Film I did that was shot on a DVX100a/XL2
It's a Comedy about three friends that move to Las Vegas to begin their music career.

It won Best Directing and Audience Choice at last years 48 Hour Film Festival.

http://www.realmindustry.com/19miles.wmv

Hope you enjoy!

Last edited by Shane Valdez; March 6th, 2006 at 04:25 PM.
Old March 6th, 2006, 04:18 PM   #142
Regular Crew

Dude, that made me cry. Seriously, awesome job!
Old March 7th, 2006, 12:33 AM   #143
Major Player

Not too bad...

How long did it take you to shoot?

And what did you edit with? Just curious

Good luck! Rock on

FYI: That includes... Corpus Christi, Galveston, Houston, Beaumont/ Lake Charles, Lafayette, Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Biloxi, Mobile, Penscola, Ft. Walton, Panama City... Any every little city and town in between.

If you need anything, Let's talk...
Old March 7th, 2006, 01:02 AM   #144
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Marks
Not too bad...

How long did it take you to shoot?

And what did you edit with? Just curious

Good luck! Rock on
I was drinkin from 10pm to 4pm (I usually shoot drunk lol....) and every hour or so we'd shoot like 10 mins worth of footage. I use premiere pro 7.0 and after effects 6.5.
Old March 7th, 2006, 01:10 AM   #145
Major Player

wmvHD dvd for xbox 360

Can I burn a regular dvd with a wmvHD file on it and then play that DVD in an Xbox 360?

Yes or no?

THANKS

FYI: That includes... Corpus Christi, Galveston, Houston, Beaumont/ Lake Charles, Lafayette, Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Biloxi, Mobile, Penscola, Ft. Walton, Panama City... Any every little city and town in between.

If you need anything, Let's talk...
Old March 7th, 2006, 07:11 AM   #146
Trustee

I'm pretty sure that was more entertaining than anything that I have worked on. Great locations and no glaring problems anywhere. The script was obviously the real success, but to get a decent production in 48 hours is a big achievment.

Here are my critiques:

Sometimes, there is too much room reflection in the audio. There may not have been anything you could do, but here is what I thought might be a fix in one scene. When you were in the "waiting room" on the dolly, you could mount the shotgun mic on the dolly itself so it is pointing up at the actors just below frame.

I wanted a bit more of a reason for the MRI machine. I think, maybe, that having the narrator say, "and then something happens that puts things all into perspective" as the machine is running would be a good cliche' and set up the line "He's really sick." As it was, I think there may have been too much time between the setup and the punchline.

If I try, I could probably find problems with the lighting and such, but if I didn't notice them on the first and second pass, they are irrelevant.

Hana Hou! ("Good job!" in Hawaiian)
Old March 7th, 2006, 10:33 AM   #147
Major Player

Sneak Peak of my Stunt film Documentary/Vancouver, Canada March 12-shot on dvx100a

I will be showing a segment from the new stunt documentary called Throttle Trauma(previously called "Ride or Die Sucka!"). It features local stunt riders(dave,gaston,izzy and many others) ripping it up on one wheel. If you cant wait till the offishal release i encourage you to come out and watch this segment. Its for a good cause so dont be stingy, plus u if you never met me u'll get your chance. I'll be the one with crutches as i am a gimp. Fun to be had by all!

http://www.asphaltjunkiez.com

The party is on Sunday, March the 12th, doors open at 12, things get officially started at 2. If you want a good seat, don't be late! Daytona Motorcycle races, old Westwood races, good times. It's only $15, and the Shark Club, 180 W Georgia, Vancouver, graciously greets each guest with a complimentary beverage. BEER ;-)

Okay, you should know all the loot goes to the BC Children's Hospital, Oncology Ward. It's for kids with cancer and blood disorders. Their website is www.baldingfordollars.com, and it's an amazing program that I loose my hair for every year ;-)

Basically, we have lots of reasons to smile, why not share some. If that's not enough, there are some great prizes, but first, this one is so big, it will go to auction or draw! This is my exciting news!!!!!

A day snowboarding with Olympic Gold Medallist Ross Rebagliati, for you and a friend.
**Your passes will be provided by Whistler/Backcomb
**We're still working on your VIP lunch!
**The winning ticket will be trying out a new premium snowboard from Sapient Snowboards (www.showcasesnowboards.com), which they get to keep!

I have once again received the support of 6-time Canadian Superbike Champ Steve Crevier. Steve will be racing Daytona on a Trev Deeley Buell XB-RR, but he will be with us in spirit, and has offered up 'a day in your race pit'! For a budding racer/sport enthusiast, it doesn't get much better than that!

I have more prizes like that, things you can't buy at the local store. From
people with a heart!
For the rest of these awesome prizes, please check out
http://www.bcsportbikes.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=63290, and look for
Bernie's 7th Annual Daytona Party for more updates as it draws closer.

Please give me a hand, see one of the local dealers below and grab a ticket early, it really helps me. It will save you from lining up!
Pacific Riding School
Dat or Mark

Carter Motorsports Coquitlam
Troy or Reception

Carter Motorsports Granville Is.
Reception

Imperial Motorcycles
Ted or Andii

Pacific Yamaha BMW
Thom Tyre or Parts

5th Gear
Bill, Holly or Diesel

Burnaby Kawasaki
Trevor or Jay

Richmond Motorsports
Traci

Mapleridge Motorsports
Troy or Parts

Holeshot Racing
Parts

McMartin Performance
Gord

Modern Motorcycles
Aaron
Old March 7th, 2006, 11:17 AM   #148
Wrangler

Good trailer Sat!
Old March 7th, 2006, 01:43 PM   #149
Major Player

yah i'll be working on a 2nd trailer soon...somthing special lol:D
Old March 7th, 2006, 03:37 PM   #150
Major Player

Estonian aviation event: planes landing on a frozen lake!

Hello everyone,

Here's my latest contribution to Estonian general aviation. Unfortunately we couldn't stay there for very long and I had to take all the shots rather quickly, but in my opinion they still came out pretty fine. Most of the footage was hand-filmed and the camera is Sony VX2100E. Once again I proved to myself that it's the largest camera I can have for filming in those cockpits. You simply don't have room to smoothly move the cam there.

CLICK TO WATCH

Please let me know what you think!
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work