Short action film teaser 1min 34 sec at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old December 5th, 2006, 02:41 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Short action film teaser 1min 34 sec

Hello please Lmk what you think..thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1vgKg7iPiw
Pete Mander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2006, 11:57 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Video is up

Sorry guys I had to fix something in the other video I didnt notice..

heres the link PLEASE COMMENT thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAlmApruuLw
Old December 9th, 2006, 10:59 AM   #3
Regular Crew

WOW 70 views not one comment? or bit of advice from the many talented folks on this board, good or bad inbetween ideas editing color..i asumed this not being a fanfilm and this is our first real film project at least somthing for an entire forum filled with people I thought where into making movies..WTF?

Thanks anyway..for looking

happy hollidays
Old December 9th, 2006, 11:08 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Ok...what did you shoot with? What kind of lighting did you use for each set-up? your favorite part of doing this film?
John Huling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2006, 11:19 AM   #5
Regular Crew

DVX100
what lighting? mostly work lights
Dont know yet, still filming it.

the project is again done entirely by 3 people,, becides the actors and extras,would you have any advice to give for this trailer?

is the lighting ok? camera? etc? where can I improve???

Im not a film school guy, I dont know proper elements or the entire process of "How" a film is made,My education comes from this SITE , google and moviemaker magazine..so im just looking for some feedback that all. thanks for your reply
Old December 9th, 2006, 12:07 PM   #6
Major Player

Looked pretty good! Some shots seemed a little soft but I liked a lot of the camera work. Looked pretty professional.

BTW, where are you in Ontario?

I'm in Ottawa.

Good luck,

Mike
Old December 9th, 2006, 02:08 PM   #7
Major Player

Looks like you spent a lot of money on this. A lot of extras, prop weapons, locations etc. What is the budget for this? Also, there was missing sound from one of the guns. Not sure what it is about, but it seems interesting for an independent film.
Old December 9th, 2006, 02:22 PM   #8
Major Player

Youtube says this video has been removed by the user
edit: fixed

Last edited by Paul Jefferies; December 10th, 2006 at 07:08 AM.
Paul Jefferies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2006, 02:46 PM   #9
Regular Crew

This is a great peice of work my man. Very good music and the cuts were great. when ecacly are you going to be done with this. I want to know and when you are done please get me a dvd. Should be a great movie can't wait!!

What camera did you use. the quality look very good. How long did it take you to cast and how did you get the locations to do your shoots. just something i would like to know cause those pocations looked very good. Almost looked like a RainBow Six type of movie.

very good work

Derrick Jones..........
Derrick A.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2006, 06:37 AM   #10
New Boot

well done

well done trailer.

I think theres a very important things to get in mind. in mi opinion.
The ligths its very important, in some shots you must use it to get a more dramatic action, i see people into a sub of a college or supermarket, not in a military zone, attrezo its very important too. In night ext the ligth its coming for rear and shadows was very hard, more difuse shadows sems more naturally, perhaps usig a difusern the ligths and usin 3 spots 1 for general and 2 for details.
I like the trailer in general but if its was a cinema movie trailer i dont go to see it, cause the trailer dont tell me nothing about the theme. I only see a soldiers figthing and shoting. Trailers is like very short movie, but must have a script and a structural base.

Sorry for my english, perhaps dont understand nothing at all but its a connstructive critic.

Well done.
Ruben Benito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2006, 07:07 AM   #11
Major Player

I agree with Ruben, it's very well shot but has no sense of who anyone is (except maybe the chief villain) -thats one of the problems in having a lot of military guys fighting eachother, they all become a bit indistinguishable after a while... It would be good to know who the heroes are, why they are involved, what's at stake (I.e a hint, without giving the plot away, as to what their evil plan is going to do - take over the world or whatever...)and maybe see a few more scenes outside the basement.

I don't usually like "The Trailer Guy" - that man with the deep voice in most hollywood trailers who explains the plot to you in voice over, but I think in this case it would be good to have something like that on this trailer, maybe instead of the onscreen text at the beginning... but keep up the good work, theres a lot of really good solid stuff here, and I look forward to seeing how it all comes out
Paul Jefferies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2006, 11:57 AM   #12
Regular Crew

Very very helpfull guys thanks so much.

Brian Duke- our budget is about 2000 so far and will go up another 1000. less the price of the camera. I havent added up gas from people driving down or some other small things yet.

Derrick A.Jones- we used a DVX100a , the score is just temp from batman begins, this film will have an original scrore, the locations was as simple as begging..lol seriously just asked , the first place took me a week to lock down but i got it for free and at no cost just a signature on a location release form I wrote up. funny you mention rainbow six, this project started off being a splinter cell fanfilm and quickly got chaged after the first shoot, so our breack at the moment is due to a rewrite of the script.

Ruben Benito- your english is fine:) you are correct i need a lighting guy on the team, ive read as much as I could about it and its all guess work until I do find someone willing to help.the reason there is no explanation is because we never filmed it yet,,I was hopeing to make this just a teaser not a trailer but i must have made it to long.

Paul Jefferies- I hate the trailer guy too, maby once we get more shot Ill reedit the trailer to make if more undertandable, as you metioned without giveing the plot away.

thanks guys will keep all this in mind for when we pic up the shooting in the spring.

a question for lighting, is there a way in Post I can alter the light? I am so far the only one editing this so any advice about filters or something? Im useing Adobe Preimere 2.0 ..thanks

Pete
Old December 11th, 2006, 01:47 PM   #13
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Mander
Brian Duke- our budget is about 2000 so far and will go up another 1000. less the price of the camera. I havent added up gas from people driving down or some other small things yet.
Pete
I ahve no idea how you are doing it for $3000, with food, transportation, location fees, uniforms, props, shoowting etc. But I hope I could only do the same for that money. I end up spending close to $10K on a short unfortunately.
Old December 11th, 2006, 09:41 PM   #14
Regular Crew

Most trailers have stories. Even if it's not exactly the story of the movie. There's a beginning, middle, and end; there's a protagonist and antagonist; a set-up, a struggle, and a resolution. Take a look at these three trailers--I picked them only because they were current and easy to find--and see if you can see what the story is.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/becauseisaidso/
http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_p.../stomptheyard/
http://www.apple.com/trailers/indepe...etlifeofwords/

In two out of three cases, the story of the trailer ends with the climax of the film, without showing you the film's outcome. The trailer for Because I Said So seems to be selling a pretty predictable outcome, but if we're lucky, and it's a good movie, we'll be surprised. The Secret Life of Words trailer keeps the film's conclusion pretty vague, but there's clearly a progression, and each character's individual traits are pretty clear.

Even trailers that build on really amazing images and little else still have a story, if only an abstract, visual one. But I think that's harder to do well.

Your trailer vaguely reaches for all of these things, and it seems that the movie itself actually has all those classic story elements, but they're not clearly defined enough in the trailer.

What I can see of the film, by the way, is beautiful. Good luck; I hope all goes well.

Michael

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work