"Living the Dream", short made on XH A1 - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old April 20th, 2007, 07:53 AM   #31
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Marchesseault View Post
OT: I really think that Amy, the lead actress, looks a lot like a young Alice Krige. I've always thought she was rather interesting looking in an attractive way. She also looked strangely appealing in the Borg costume in Star Trek: First Contact. Hey, there's an idea for a Halloween costume!
Amy has gotten mistaken for a number of actresses over the years...Sandra Bullock being the most frequent (they even have the same birthday!) I've seen people stare and whisper. It's kind of funny.

I worked with Alice a few years back when she was guesting on a series--I think I see where you are going with this (it's something in the jawline perhaps).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Marchesseault View Post
BTW, Charles, if you read this don't ever compare your girlfriend to an older actress. That is probably something I would do and stuff like that is why I'm single. Even certain types of compliments subtract points.
Copy that, Red Leader. I know this all too well...!
Old April 20th, 2007, 08:02 AM   #32
Wrangler

Oh I forgot--Amy and Alice have another thing in common. A while back Amy played a Vulcan hologram on an episode of "Star Trek: Voyager" (you can see it on her full reel at www.amyjotraicoff.com)
Old April 20th, 2007, 11:09 AM   #33
Wrangler

Wow! I saw this amazing movie when you first posted but decided to reserve gushing on about it. Now that you tell me the incredibly talented Amy has been in a Star Trek episode….Wow! She made for a beautiful little Vulcan. :)

I certainly see the Sandra Bullock confusion; on one of the dramatic clips I’d have sworn it was Ms. Bullock. But Amy definitely has her own look, and she does great work.

Not to leave you out here, Charles, but you already know what people like me think of YOUR work! This little movie was inspiring, as your work always is—and great fun, too. Thank you for sharing it, and the details, with us. I’ve learned so much from you.

By the way, I was waiting to get the XH A1 until I could afford a more powerful computer. You've shown that I can get one anytime. Thanks again!
Old April 20th, 2007, 11:28 PM   #34
Wrangler

Thanks Lorinda! Great to hear from you.

Yeah, I'm basically done with my 4 or 5 year old dual 1 ghz G4 at this point--I got through the edit of this film but I'm really ready to move on, especially so I can start working in HD.
Old April 21st, 2007, 12:27 AM   #35
Regular Crew

I really enjoyed this Charles. It's one of those projects you really make just to make, and enjoy the experience of shooting, acting, directing, and editing.

What a fun concept, and it looks great!
Nick Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2007, 09:49 AM   #36
Trustee

Great short...I especially like that you carried the hitchcock straight through to the credits with the South by Southwest kick in there ... BRILLIANT!
Old May 20th, 2007, 09:00 AM   #37
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole McDonald View Post
Great short...I especially like that you carried the hitchcock straight through to the credits with the South by Southwest kick in there ... BRILLIANT!
Thanks...although the credit styling was from "Psycho" itself (by legendary title man Saul Bass) . A friend did that in After Effects for me.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work