Anyone figure out how to do WiFi on X70 v2.0? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds
Pro and consumer versions including PXW-Z150, PXW-Z100, PXW-X70 / FDR-AX100

Old June 11th, 2015, 04:54 AM   #16
Major Player

Re: Anyone figure out how to do WiFi on X70 v2.0?

Off on a bit of a tangent here but am I right in saying you CAN'T stream live from this camera??

I also thought v2.0 was going to let you transfer files from camera to, say, a nearby laptop or mobile phone wirelessly.
David Cleverly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2015, 06:51 AM   #17
Trustee

You CAN stream LIVE with the X70 and v2.0. I have been doing so for the last few days. :)

FTP is also possible.

Paul
Paul Anderegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2015, 07:44 AM   #18
Major Player

Great, thanks.

I got the vibe from previous posts here that you couldn't.
Old June 11th, 2015, 09:48 AM   #19
New Boot

Anyone have a little more insight to the Priority Connection setting for an access point? "Select whether the access point is prioritized."
If Live streaming is indeed possible, we want to optimize our ability to stream out to Youtube Live here at a school, and optimize our access points for a connected X70. Any more terminology, configuration hints that I could give our IT guys, to help them research this would be appreciated.

(We just did a Youtube Live stream with a rented Teradek Vidiu, out of X70. Audio was out of sync with video a bit, otherwise ok. We will buy and optimize Teradek solution, along with upgrade access point infrastructure, if this straight-from-X70 function doesn't work.)
Vincent Jurgens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2015, 04:52 PM   #20
Trustee

Vincent, are you streaming TO a Teradek solution, or to YouTube? I stream from the X70 to a Teradek receiver, and no sync problems.

I am not sure what prioritized means, I think that just puts the WiFi access point at the top of the available options so that you don't have to scroll down a list of 1 million of them if you are in a congested area! Obviously, when you hit streaming, that WiFi selection is the first thing you have to deal with.

Paul
Old June 12th, 2015, 05:25 PM   #21
Major Player

Would be fantastic if someone created a step-by-step instruction list for streaming from the X70.

For example, how do you "see" the X-70's pics once streamed?

I have never streamed from anything before so have little understanding of the process.

I have a couple of clients that would LOVE it if I could stream their mini-conferences...so I am keen to get my head around it.
Old June 13th, 2015, 06:14 PM   #22
Trustee

All I know is that my X70 and X180 ask me for a website destination and port, not an IP address. The Teradek receiver at my station decodes them both, as well as the JVC HM650 streams. If you look into the Teradek receivers on their website, you may find what protocols are used that ask for a web address and port only.

Paul
Old December 25th, 2015, 09:34 AM   #23
Major Player

Is it possible to control all of these functions over Wi-Fi when camera is recording
Marius Boruch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2015, 10:48 PM   #24
Trustee

Can you make that question a bit more clear?

Paul
Old December 26th, 2015, 11:10 PM   #25
Major Player

Is it possible to control all of the functions like zoom, focus etc. over Wi-Fi when camera is already recording? From what distance it can be controlled? Usin iPad or iPhone.
Marius Boruch is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds