matching FS100 with EX3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta
An interchangeable lens AVCHD camcorder using E-Mount lenses.

Old February 12th, 2012, 01:16 PM   #1
Major Player

matching FS100 with EX3

I tried at a few times before in other posts, but will give it another attempt. I am sure there are more people using both the FS100 and EX3 (or Ex1). I use CG1 on my EX3. I have tried the factory profiles, Abel Cine Picture Profiles and Frank Glencairns profiles, but the difference in look between both cameras remain enormous. Closest match so far is the FS100 factory's PP5, but still not satisfying. Does someone have figured out a matching profile?
Cees van Kempen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2012, 06:48 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: matching FS100 with EX3

Cees,

As I stated elsewhere, I haven't been able to obtain a perfect match, either. My last resort is PP off on both, and a lot of work in post :)
Old February 14th, 2012, 07:17 AM   #3
Inner Circle

If it were me, I would look to see if Vortex Media has an FS100 profile similar to it's EX profile. Also, I would research a "True Color" profile for the FS-100 and see how it matches the True Color profile for the EX. Search here on DVinfo for the True Color profile will find you much discussion and variations to experiment with.
Les Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2012, 07:27 AM   #4
Trustee

I got a very close match using the BBC cinegama4 profile on the EX3 (described in the Alan Robert's review pdf) and Abel Cine's AB_NORM on the FS100 (FS100 Scene Files from AbelCine | CineTechnica)
Old February 14th, 2012, 10:29 AM   #5
Major Player

Thanks Les and Jean-Philippe, I will put effort in both options.
Cees van Kempen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2012, 02:30 PM   #6
New Boot

I used the same settings as J-P with good resualts, but we do post color work so for us getting it "close" on set is the target, not "perfect"

d
Dermot Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2012, 11:34 AM   #7
New Boot

Hello,
I have the settings from the Alan Robert setup guide and have loaded the abel cine style 'technicolor' into the fs100.
Can anyone post the exact settings from your ex3 which may match the 'technicolor' settings more perfectly. I know there are the matrix settings which are not touched in the Alan Robers report and so I was wondering if anyone has further tweaked this to better match the fs100 using technicolor.

thanks
Richard Moore is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta