NEX camera adapters: Variations? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta
An interchangeable lens AVCHD camcorder using E-Mount lenses.

Old March 5th, 2012, 01:28 AM   #1
Major Player

NEX camera adapters: Variations?

I have about 4 lens adapters for my FS-100, but the fifth one is giving me the fits. Can anyone tell me if the NEX stills camera have identical mounts to the FS-100? A recent purchase of a Konica AR to NEX adapter has smaller lugs than any other adapter I own. It's the Fotga Chinese adapter (eBay purchase). The seller says it works fine on their NEX cameras, but they don't have an FS-100 to test it on. All I know is that I can't use my 40mm Konica 1.8 until I get this issue resolved.

The adapter will fit onto the camera, but will not turn to lock. I don't want to force it unduly and have a $20 adapter destroy my $5000 camera. Anyone have luck with other brands of Konica AR to NEX adapters?

Thanks.
Oren Arieli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2012, 01:22 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: NEX camera adapters: Variations?

I donīt know about the Konica, but I have 3 different brand NEX-NIK adaptors, and they fit all my E mount cameras (VG10, 5C) as well as in the FS100.
Probably the adaptor - many cheaper brands are not manufactured to the same tolerance as the more expensive ones.
Paul Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2012, 11:49 PM   #3
Inner Circle

I bought one of the cheep Ebay versions for my Pentax k mount lenses. When it arrived I was unable to make it fit my VG20. I diagnosed the issue as the flanges that locked into the VG20 body as being a bit too thick. As a result, it would not twist and lock in. I bought some small files at local hardware and filed down the over thick flanges, and after some fling and rechecking, they fit.
Old March 7th, 2012, 01:47 AM   #4
Major Player

Unfortunately, the Konica AR-NEX adapter comes in one flavor: cheap Chinese construction. I was hoping that someone is using a Konica lens with their FS-100 and can point me in the direction of which cheap adapter they used. The seller didn't specify that this adapter would specifically fit the FS-100, but it was compatible with all e-mount NEX cameras. Can't test that claim out for myself.
Oren Arieli is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta