Using Scopes at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old May 12th, 2008, 06:34 PM   #1
Major Player

Using Scopes

I am trying to achieve a "trucolor" scene file and in doing so I need to use a waveform and vector scope. The only problem is how to connect the 350 to the computer. I have available

AJA Xena Lh
Adobe Creative Suite, which includes OnLocation
Vegas 8
Hamlet VidScope

I have tried running HD-SDI from camera to the AJA Xena Lh and nothing from Adobe or Vegas saw to feed from camera. VidScope did see the camera but the monitor window was a scrambled mess and messing with the matrix setting in camera did not affect the vector scope any.

Suggestions?

Thanks

Jim
Jim Montgomery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2008, 12:59 AM   #2
Major Player

Hi,

VEGAS: even if the hardware generally supports the Lh card, Scopes (and other displays) do not show the incoming live signal but only playout (preview window) footage.

But I guess it should work with onlocation - or does Onlocation only support incoming fiwi signals?

Have a try to use the AVC Out (firewire) to Onlocation.

(yes, this is the downconverted SD signal, but worth a 1st try)

ULI
Uli Mors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2008, 07:07 AM   #3
Major Player

Got it. Now all I have to do is figure out how to make the little lines go where I want.

Uli

I tried to download from the link you provided for the excel sheet with no luck. Do you still happen to have it?

Jim
Jim Montgomery is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts