Transend CF faster than Kingston! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders
Including the HVR-MRC1K CF Card Recorder, HVR-DR60 Hard Disk Recorder and others.

Old March 28th, 2008, 07:24 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnaud Keil View Post
All the transfer rates that I read on that thread are much too slow.
I use two Sandisk 16Go 133X with my Z7, and it take 17 minutes to transfer the full card on my computer, aproximatively 1Go/mn, 16Mo/s... simply using a Sandisk Extreme USB 2.0 reader.
Arnaud, even your rates are only half of what they could be. Using the supplied ILink attachment (powered by a Sony Series L battery) to the CF recorder and a Firewire cable, my full Transcend 32GB card transfers to my PC in 18 minutes. By the time we're talking about these speeds, I wonder if the discrepancies would above remain the same. Either way, MUCH faster than real-time capturing!
Bob Ridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2008, 10:13 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Ridge View Post
Either way, MUCH faster than real-time capturing!
so long as you can edit with m2t files - in my case Edius takes real time to subsequently convert to Canopus HQ so total time is longer :(. Still, I can transfer quickly after a wedding and then leave the PC running overnight to do the conversion.
Hedley Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2008, 11:52 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Where have people found the best place to get the 32gb Transcend cards from? They don't seem to be widely available here in Australia yet and I don't want to end up with fake ones like I did with a Sandisk 4gb card a year ago which was meant to be express 4 but was much slower.
Old May 21st, 2008, 01:52 AM   #19
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Duke View Post
Where have people found the best place to get the 32gb Transcend cards from? They don't seem to be widely available here in Australia yet and I don't want to end up with fake ones like I did with a Sandisk 4gb card a year ago which was meant to be express 4 but was much slower.
I use 16gb trancend cars as they give 73 mins and match the HDV tape size of 63 mins with a bit extra for safety.

I get them on e-bay for around £55 GBP
Old May 21st, 2008, 02:04 AM   #20
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Duke View Post
Where have people found the best place to get the 32gb Transcend cards from?
Hi Matt, I'm in New Zealand and after WEEKS of searching, have found 1 online US place selling them for a reasonable price, AND reasonable international USPS shipping... I ordered today for US$156 + US$13.50 postage. Delivery is a couple of weeks so hold fire and I'll report if the goods arrive safely and work as expected....

http://www.memoryten.com (Don't tell anyone!)
John Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2008, 08:05 AM   #21
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Knight View Post
Hi Matt, I'm in New Zealand and after WEEKS of searching, have found 1 online US place selling them for a reasonable price, AND reasonable international USPS shipping... I ordered today for US$156 + US$13.50 postage. Delivery is a couple of weeks so hold fire and I'll report if the goods arrive safely and work as expected....

http://www.memoryten.com (Don't tell anyone!)
Hi John,

Thanks. They look like a good site. I have been looking for AGES as well. I have ordered 2 32gb cards, and needed them rather urgently, and didn't want to risk the slow shipping so I ordered via fedex. So I should have by Monday. Fingers crossed they work! Otherwise I can always use them in my SLRs. Much cheaper than prices locally.

Thanks,
Matt

Last edited by Matt Duke; May 22nd, 2008 at 09:09 AM.
Matt Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2008, 09:27 AM   #22
Regular Crew

Well my two cards arrived today and seem to be working fine! Very fast shipping and good communication also helped. Now to really test them out when I take the camera to Africa for 5 weeks. (Leave in 3 weeks!)
Old May 29th, 2008, 07:22 PM   #23
Major Player

Hi Matt - my card arrived today (30th) after being shipping normal USPS to New Zealand on the 22nd - 8 days - nice! Testing now... all looking good so far...
Old May 29th, 2008, 07:23 PM   #24
Major Player

Oh GOD!!! Oh GOD!!!!!! My CF card reader has FAILED ME BEYOND WORDS!!!! Oh hang on, whoops, forgot to turn it on.... sorry about that.
Old April 1st, 2009, 05:01 PM   #25
Regular Crew

I got mine at Newegg for $95.

Newegg.com - Transcend 32GB Compact Flash (CF) Flash Card Model TS32GCF133 - Flash Memory
Old April 7th, 2009, 05:02 PM   #26
Major Player

I just ordered two of the 32gb Transcend cards from Amazon for $92.45 each with free shipping.

Amazon.com | 32gb Transcend 133x CF Card
Old May 30th, 2009, 06:02 AM   #27
Regular Crew

Traxdata 32GB 233x performance

Hi there,
Today I tested these CF-cards which I bought for €78 (that would be a little above $100 ???) with the Flash memory toolkit.

Quite nice theoretical results considering the price:
Write is between 1.5x and 2x the speed of the Transcend 133x
Read is between 3x and 4x the speed of the Transcend 133x

Practical results:
2 hours of m2t files (about 23 GB) took almost 18 minutes to transfer to my laptop using a usb card reader
with the unit (MRC1k) attached to the laptop via firewire it took 15 minutes
Attached Thumbnails
Transend CF faster than Kingston!-traxdata-32gb-233x.png  
Sjoerd Banga is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders