Question about the Sony software at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders
Including the HVR-MRC1K CF Card Recorder, HVR-DR60 Hard Disk Recorder and others.

Old April 7th, 2009, 07:42 AM   #1
Major Player

Question about the Sony software

does the Sony software allow you to stitch all the avi files in the folder together or is it just the ones that it divides due to the 4gb limit?

In other words is it possible to make one master clip out of all the small clips?

Just wondering before I go to the effort of testing.

Thanks,
Ger.
Ger Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2009, 10:44 AM   #2
Inner Circle

As far as I know it will only patch together continuous recordings that have been split up due to the FAT32 limitation, it only does this on files in the same folder which have a number like hdv10601.m2t, hdv10602.m2t and so on. All the rest is just imported as single files.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2009, 10:47 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ger Griffin View Post
In other words is it possible to make one master clip out of all the small clips?
If they weren't shot continuously, why would you want to?
Adam Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2009, 11:03 AM   #4
Major Player

I find it very handy when editing if its just one master clip im dealing with to the right of my timeline.
It allows me to push and drag it without having a knock on effect on other clips to the right of the one im delaing with. Does that make sense?

Does anyone know of any program that would allow me to do it? I suppose the only way at the moment is to drop all the clips on a timeline and bring that sequence into another timeline as a single clip. The only problem i see with this is the waveform on the audio track never seems to come with it.

It may seem very minor but with my system the slightest change to things, like this can upset my flow....
Ger Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2009, 11:16 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ger Griffin View Post
The only problem i see with this is the waveform on the audio track never seems to come with it.
You could export the audio as a seperate file and import and link it again
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2009, 12:59 PM   #6
Trustee

What NLE are you using Ger? In Vegas there will appropriately adjust all the other clips in the timeline.

Garrett
Garrett Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2009, 03:35 PM   #7
Major Player

Premiere CS3 Garrett.
Noah you got me thinking.
I could just paste the audio only onto the timeline to match the single long video clip.

Thanks for your input fellas
Ger Griffin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders