Changing out cards at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders
Including the HVR-MRC1K CF Card Recorder, HVR-DR60 Hard Disk Recorder and others.

Old April 13th, 2009, 06:40 PM   #1
New Boot

Changing out cards

Can anyone tell me (on average) how long it takes to change out CF cards during a shoot with a MRC1K. I’m looking at total time from stopping down, changing out, formatting (if necessary or other overall relevant needed steps) before start-up can proceed again with a new card.

I’m comparing this to changing out a tape and running black on it in under a minute.
Carl Sobeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2009, 08:10 PM   #2
Trustee

Hi Carl. I haven't actually timed this, but would estimate that it's under a minute, with a 32GB card. If it's over, it can't be by much. Of course you can reduce it by pre-formatting the cards before the shoot.

Richard
Richard Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2009, 09:33 PM   #3
Major Player

I tried it once under the gun, so to speak. I popped the old card out and stuck the new card in. That only took seconds. However, after at least a minute, the MRC1 never booted up with the new card. I turned the MRC1 off and turned it back on again but it wouldn't boot in a normal timely manner. I turned it off again, inserted another card and this time it booted up when it came back on. When I got back home, I tested the card that wouldn't boot up and it booted up right away with no issues. I haven't tried a hot swap since.
Greg Laves is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders