Camera power-down effect on MRC-1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders
Including the HVR-MRC1K CF Card Recorder, HVR-DR60 Hard Disk Recorder and others.

Old August 28th, 2010, 11:29 PM   #1
Trustee

Camera power-down effect on MRC-1

A small discovery from a recent shoot which further endorses the MRC-1's innate ability to keep files intact.

Due to bad battery management on my part, the Z1 battery had to be changed during an event. I chose a point at which the loss of material would be least noticeable and removed the failing camera battery.

Unfortunately, although the MRC-1 had a battery with loads of life, the lack of incoming signal caused the MRC-1 to stop also. However it did so normally, retaining the integrity of the file.

It did extend the delay buy a few more seconds of course but overall the integrity of the file and thus the security of the other recordings is more important.
Philip Howells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2010, 04:23 AM   #2
Regular Crew

External Power Supply

Of course this is where the ability to plug in an external power supply with the battery in-situ would be a no-brainer (come on Sony, get your act together) with these cameras - allowing you to quickly plug in an external power supply (mains or battery [pag?]) whilst changing battery with the camera still rolling!
Steve Renouf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2010, 12:55 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Yeah, I've commented on this before -- it's the only thing I really don't like about the Z5. If they can do this so elegantly with their consumer cams, why not the fancier versions?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders