Sony FX7 with HVR-MRC1K at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders

Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders
Including the HVR-MRC1K CF Card Recorder, HVR-DR60 Hard Disk Recorder and others.

Old April 18th, 2011, 07:15 AM   #1
New Boot

Sony FX7 with HVR-MRC1K

My Sony FX7 recently began to throw the C:32:11 tape path error code. Will switching over to an external recording platform like the MRC1K let me bypass this error or will the camera still try to access the tape as well and throw the error, therefore blocking me from recording at all?

I plan to just record digitally with the camera from now and stop using tapes, but I guess I need to know if I have to fix the C:32:11 error first by sending it off to Sony (which is $$$). If I can just switch over to an external without fixing it though, I'd appreciate knowing.

Anyone familiar with this?
Jeff Goss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2011, 12:22 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Sony FX7 with HVR-MRC1K

It'll work fine. Just don't put a tape in. You'll have to use the record buttons on the MRC, not on the cam.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders