DR60 backordered -- what's up? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders
Including the HVR-MRC1K CF Card Recorder, HVR-DR60 Hard Disk Recorder and others.

Old December 31st, 2006, 02:23 PM   #1
New Boot

DR60 backordered -- what's up?

Just checked with B&H broadcast video -- they're saying the DR60 hard drive is backordered with arrival expected in 4-6 weeks. Has anyone heard what is causing the shipment delay?
Neal Wagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2006, 02:53 PM   #2
Major Player

My understanding is that it's arriving in early january sometime, but then several accessories for the V1 are not yet released (LED light, wide angle lens, etc)
Greg Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2007, 10:48 PM   #3
Major Player

I thought I replied to this - do my posts get deleted? Very odd.

Anyway, I'm still getting reports of next week but if I find out otherwise I'll let you know. I certainly hope soon!
Marshall Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2007, 11:15 PM   #4
Obstreperous Rex

Actually you've replied several times, to different threads involving the same topic... see:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=82267
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=81785
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=82611
and http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...743#post598743

Clicking your name to the left of any post will give you the option to "find more posts by (insert your name here)." You can review what all of your previous posts were and where they're located.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2007, 01:39 PM   #5
Major Player

Sony DR60 Release Date - postponed

Just got confirmation that the DR60 drive has been delayed until the first half of February - this came from one of my Sony reps who deals with product distribution.

This really stinks considering I had ordered one and won't be able to use it when needed...but at least I have others.
Old January 3rd, 2007, 01:41 PM   #6
Major Player

Just got confirmation that the DR60 drive has been delayed until the first half of February - this came from one of my Sony reps who deals with product distribution.

This really stinks considering I had ordered one and won't be able to use it when needed...but at least I have others.
Old January 3rd, 2007, 04:50 PM   #7
Major Player

V1U accessories

Has your Sony rep mentioned a delivery time for the wide angle lens or the LED video light? A British distributor (can't mention the name here - not a sponsor) has a delivery date of 1/12/07 for the lens but states the light won't be here until March - don't think that is accurate.
Barry J. Weckesser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2007, 09:24 PM   #8
Major Player

Not a clue but I'll see what I can find out and let you know. From my understanding last month, every accessory was supposed to be available next week - obviously that's not happening anymore. I'll keep you posted.
Old February 20th, 2007, 05:31 PM   #9
New Boot

Dr60?

Has any one who preordered The DR60 HDD actually received it yet?

I ordered mine from B&H more then 3 weeks ago.
Scott Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2007, 01:18 AM   #10
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Collins
Has any one who preordered The DR60 HDD actually received it yet?

I ordered mine from B&H more then 3 weeks ago.
Mine's been on order since mid December - I heard a rumor that at one point they shipped, but that the shipment was recalled because of firmware/hardware issues - I don't know how true that is. My understanding is that they're meant to start to arrive within the next week or so (but I heard the same thing said a month back). Really looking forward to getting it, but the more I think about it, the more it seems to be somewhat overpriced.
Greg Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2007, 03:25 AM   #11
Regular Crew

i have had an order in since September, I have had 3 'firm' dates fall through so far. Latest in the UK from my dealer is 26th Feb, so not long now and hopefully the same for you guys across the pond.
it will work on the Z1 and other HDV cams with a tape loaded, but will only fully interface and work tapeless so far with the V1 and I assume newer models going forward.
Paul Rickford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2007, 07:36 AM   #12
Major Player

I've been talking to my Sony rep for weeks on end about the DR60 and HVL-LBP light and practically all of the V1U-related accessories have been delayed until the second week of March. The WA lens was available in January but due to demand it hasn't been available since unless the purchaser lucks out finding one, the DR60 was halted in January (available for about a week) due to a software glitch and the LED light has been delayed with everything else.

Slowly but surely.
Old February 24th, 2007, 02:12 PM   #13
DVi Contributor

so, this thing is finally on the market. It records in AVI files. and basic dv format. So how do you bring this footage into a system and handle it?? the basic dv mode doesn't have time code. and the AVI files don't seem to work well in FCP.
If you have to transfer AVI files to something else just to edit the footage, how is this in anyway a time savings in post?

can someone please run me through the traps on this one.
Craig Chartier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2007, 05:13 PM   #14
Major Player

I've got a full spec sheet somewhere around this place but from what I remember, it wrote to avi files in dv mode and m2t files in hdv mode.

As with the other hd-based drives I have and have used, when connected to a computer, it's basically a process of either editing directly to/from the drive or just copying the files from the drive to the computer.

Regarding FCP, I can't help you with that as I use Adobe software.
Marshall Levy is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders