The Fountains of the Bellagio in HD! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Sony's latest single-CMOS additions to their HDV camcorder line.

Old January 15th, 2006, 09:23 AM   #1
Regular Crew

The Fountains of the Bellagio in HD!

Well, I just got back from CES 2006 in Las Vegas and I was able to get some footage of the city with my HVR-A1U. Here is one of the many clips that I created with the camcorder. I hope this serves as an effective measure of the quality of the camcorder. Everything was set to auto.

http://www.archive.org/details/BellagioFountains

I just uploaded my clip. If anyone is having extremely slow download rates, I can try and upload it somewhere else. Trust me though, it's worth the wait.
Alexander Karol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2006, 03:18 PM   #2
Major Player

I'm downloading right now...
Evan C. King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2006, 03:13 AM   #3
Major Player

Very Cool

Very Cool - I heard about this fountain and haven't yet seen it. Good job! Must have been fun shooting.
Old January 21st, 2006, 03:51 AM   #4
Regular Crew

I shot the bellagio fountains back in nov. it was at night too! but lost the footage :-(
Old January 21st, 2006, 08:59 AM   #5
Trustee

I finally got a chance to watch the video. Very nice. In the future, I recommend staying at around 5Mbps data rate.
Old January 22nd, 2006, 12:09 AM   #6
Regular Crew

It looks good but what concerns me as a potential A1U buyer is the colors seem a little washed out.
Brian Burns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2006, 01:53 AM   #7
Major Player

Color Wash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Burns
It looks good but what concerns me as a potential A1U buyer is the colors seem a little washed out.

Get some plugins and do it in post. Nattress Plugins are great. Make colors real rich... Nattress.com
Old January 22nd, 2006, 08:20 AM   #8
Regular Crew

I could do it in post but I am used to the richness of color that my GL2s provide.
Old January 22nd, 2006, 11:49 AM   #9
Regular Crew

The colors do seem a little washed out but they should be. To be honest, they were pretty accurate. It's just that the hotels and fountains do have plain colors themselves. Keep in mind however, that the camcorder was recording in Full AUTO mode. There are other ways to enhance the color prior to post editing, such as increasing the COLOR levels and enabling CINEMATONE modes.
Old January 22nd, 2006, 04:18 PM   #10
Regular Crew

Thanks. Those are good points.

I think the best way for me to know if it's right for me is to pick one up and try it.
Old March 21st, 2006, 04:21 PM   #11
Daniel M Hughes

Thanks

Downloaded this last night and I think that the picture and audio is very good.
The colour looks bleached but that is how it looks in real life because of the haze off the water and the bright sun. I would like to say thank you so much for spending the time to upload this file, my wife and I saw this song done the year the hotel opened and we didn't have the camcorder with us and since then we have been back to las Vegas 5 times and every time have tried to capture this particular song and have never seen it since. Now thanks to you we have seen this again, we watched it this morning with a tear in our eyes and a lump in our throat. Small tip for next time we found ( after hours of watching for this song ) that the best place to stand if you haven't got a fish eye lens is to the north opposite Ballys right in front of the speaker on the corner, you can capture the whole lake from there. Again many thanks for the excellent clip, you have brought back many many happy memories.
Old March 27th, 2006, 04:38 PM   #12
Regular Crew

Wow, just got back from my Spring Break and was pleasantly surprised to see your post.

Thanks a lot for all the compliments and tips. I am happy to hear that this clip brought back fond memories to you and your wife. I am in the process of editing all my Las Vegas footage and posting it up, so keep checking for it; maybe it'll bring other memories up.

Thanks again for all the compliments. It's compliments like these that makes all this work worthwhile.
Old March 29th, 2006, 10:56 AM   #13
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Burns

A UV filter may have helped, otherwise, a little post work. Still, a very good image for a consumer cam. I'm impressed. In fact, I'm getting the HC1 for use as the family cam, and plan to check out the floor model at Best Buy today.

Pete
Peter Ferling is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series