calling all knowledgable persons at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Sony's latest single-CMOS additions to their HDV camcorder line.

Old March 28th, 2006, 06:35 AM   #1
New Boot

calling all knowledgable persons

HELP !!!

I am about to purchase the sony HVR-AIE I need to know if my wide angle (vitacon semi fish eye) and my telephoto lens both compatible with my sony tvr 900 (they are good lenses) will work on this hdv camera. I know I can find the 37 52mm conversion ring I just need to know that the lenses will look ok on hdv monitors
Chris Macneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2006, 03:18 PM   #2
Regular Crew

i'd get a new lens, i've had problems in the past with step down conversion rings
... sometimes i'd get a reflection of a ring while shooting.. but not all lens are the same.. can you test it on a friends camera who has 37mm lens?
or take it to your nearest Bestbuy or something... they sell the Sony HC1 .. test it out on that.. it's the only way you'll know for certain.

otherwise the most popular wide for those camera's is the sony Hsomethingand-Y at the end.. its a .7 and comes in all black, and are so out of stock right now its not funny.
Vish Matepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2006, 10:57 AM   #3
New Boot

lens converter

Thanx Vish
I am involved in a shoot in Tibet in May so as had no other replies will take your advice, I tried the lens on the camera it looked fine on the camera screen tho couldnt rely on that as have to know there is no distortion or otherwise, so will be safe rather than sorry
Chris
Chris Macneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2006, 11:00 AM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vish Matepi
or take it to your nearest Bestbuy or something... they sell the Sony HC1 .. test it out on that.. it's the only way you'll know for certain.
There probably isn't a Best Buy in The Netherlands, but that idea might work anywhere that has a demo unit on display.

I think that the wide angle setting in the camera might assume a particular type of lense as well as being placed at a certain distance, an adapter with a different lense might cause unexpected issues.
Jeff DeMaagd is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series