HC3 Questions - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Sony's latest single-CMOS additions to their HDV camcorder line.

Old November 16th, 2006, 10:31 AM   #46
Regular Crew

shutter speed control for HC3?

I know there is NO manual shutter speed control on the HC3 but is there an auto setting ("sports") that will force/nudge the camera into a high shutter speed? If so, can you post some details.

Thanks
JohnG
John Godden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2006, 01:48 PM   #47
Tourist

There is no direct manual control over shutter speed, but you CAN lock it when going from Auto AE or any Program AE mode to manual. For example to get the highest possible shutter speed go to Portrait AE point the camera to something bright and while doing that change to manual exposure and you will have 1/425 locked - fastest this camera can do. After that it's only a matter of pointing you camera at your subject and manually adjusting exposure to the desired level.
If you want AE with fast shutter, then again switch to Portrait AE as the camera will try to keep f1.8 iris and therefore will use highest speed possible.
Yuri Boitov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2006, 03:07 PM   #48
Regular Crew

ther might be a way - go manual exposure and auto shutter, open the iris and focus into bright light, sky, then - wile holding the position - switch the auto shutter to "off"; The shutter gets fixed on it last auto position now.
Vice Versa, to get a 50/60th shutter do the same, but cover the optic to get darkness, then the shutter goes to its slowest speed.
Holger Leonhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2006, 08:07 PM   #49
Regular Crew

Which Program AE preset gives 50/60th shutter (or just the closest/slowest)?
I J Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2006, 01:32 PM   #50
Major Player

hc3 battery

On the box it sates 90 minutes with the lcd open backlight on. (NP-FP60)
But when I charge it fully it gives me 104 minutes with the lcd open backlight on.

Anyone can explain this?
Fred Foronda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2006, 06:22 PM   #51
Regular Crew

Fred,

I believe they use for the chart an average of filming/standby, zooming, auto-focusing, on/off for what they think the average user will experience.

You may find the time remaining display drops more quickly and immediately upon start of steady filming and using zoom and auto-focusing more.

The camera considers what state it is currently in (energy usage) to calculate time remaining, in that state.

Jamie
Jamie Hellmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2007, 07:42 PM   #52
Regular Crew

HC3 shutter speed..

is there a way to manually adjust the shutter speed on my HC3. trying to get some better slo-mo shots. thanks
Mark Leonard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2007, 07:02 AM   #53
New Boot

Hello Mark
Look at this thread the answer is in there.
http://www.sonyhdvinfo.com/showthread.php?t=7021
By the way it is a good FAQ for tips and tricks on the HC3
Cheers
Patrick
Patrick Benda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2007, 05:26 PM   #54
New Boot

HC3 better than FX7 in day light?

Hi, I was watching last night this show SURVIVORMAN in Alaska. he was using 2 fixed FX1 or FX7 camcorders and a portable HC3 camcorder. If you get the chance to watch the show you you'll see that the picture of HC3 was better IMO .
Do you think this was a post production thing?
Paul C Postelnicu is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series