HD1000 Digital telephoto at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-HD1000

Sony HVR-HD1000
Sony's single-CMOS shoulder mount HDV camcorder.

Old April 4th, 2009, 03:55 AM   #1
New Boot

HD1000 Digital telephoto

I've this cam just from a few days, wat's is your opinion about the use of digital duplicator 20X, it's seem to be surprisingly usable for the short test i've recorded.
Old April 4th, 2009, 10:30 PM   #2
Trustee

It works remarkably well, probably because the chips have more pixels than needed for HD. From my quick tests though there is a slight jump as the camera switches from optical to digital zoom.
Bob Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2009, 06:28 AM   #3
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Grant View Post
It works remarkably well, probably because the chips have more pixels than needed for HD. From my quick tests though there is a slight jump as the camera switches from optical to digital zoom.
Thx for the reply, maybe it's not my impression about the good quality of dig-telephoto, i remember in the past camcorder with orrible resolution......
Old April 5th, 2009, 10:42 AM   #4
Regular Crew

I've not had to use it (I think I have it turned off which has always been my policy). I do have a Letus though and I have a telephoto fixed 35mm lens that I've used with good results. But mostly I use that on my HC9 because of the form factor (the HD1000U isn't set up for a Letus).

One thing I like about HD is that you can crop and zoom in post to fix bad framing. The result is good and except to the trained pro, not that noticeable.
Jonathan W. Hickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2009, 02:50 PM   #5
New Boot

Just a little test, nothing to scientific, filmed on HDV, downcvrt on PAL SD:

RapidShare: Easy Filehosting
Old April 19th, 2009, 10:17 AM   #6
Archivist for SMECC

by default is it turned off?

I have had some nasty footage eih it zoomed all the way in. is this digital tele on by default?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan W. Hickman View Post
I've not had to use it (I think I have it turned off which has always been my policy). I do have a Letus though and I have a telephoto fixed 35mm lens that I've used with good results. But mostly I use that on my HC9 because of the form factor (the HD1000U isn't set up for a Letus).

One thing I like about HD is that you can crop and zoom in post to fix bad framing. The result is good and except to the trained pro, not that noticeable.

See The Communications and Computation Museum at:
Museum Website

See The Glendale Arizona Videosphere - KKAT-TV At:
Glendale Daily Planet KKAT-TV CouryGraph Productions

Click For Red Camera In Action
Ed Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2009, 11:48 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Sharpe View Post
I have had some nasty footage eih it zoomed all the way in. is this digital tele on by default?
The digital tele is off by default, or at least so says my manual :)
James McBoyle is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-HD1000