HD1000 Digital telephoto at DVinfo.net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-HD1000

Sony HVR-HD1000
Sony's single-CMOS shoulder mount HDV camcorder.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old April 4th, 2009, 04:55 AM   #1
New Boot
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 10
HD1000 Digital telephoto

I've this cam just from a few days, wat's is your opinion about the use of digital duplicator 20X, it's seem to be surprisingly usable for the short test i've recorded.
__________________
videoaviation.com
italy
Maurizio Amelotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2009, 11:30 PM   #2
Trustee
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 1,570
It works remarkably well, probably because the chips have more pixels than needed for HD. From my quick tests though there is a slight jump as the camera switches from optical to digital zoom.
Bob Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2009, 07:28 AM   #3
New Boot
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Grant View Post
It works remarkably well, probably because the chips have more pixels than needed for HD. From my quick tests though there is a slight jump as the camera switches from optical to digital zoom.
Thx for the reply, maybe it's not my impression about the good quality of dig-telephoto, i remember in the past camcorder with orrible resolution......
__________________
videoaviation.com
italy
Maurizio Amelotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2009, 11:42 AM   #4
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: United States
Posts: 81
I've not had to use it (I think I have it turned off which has always been my policy). I do have a Letus though and I have a telephoto fixed 35mm lens that I've used with good results. But mostly I use that on my HC9 because of the form factor (the HD1000U isn't set up for a Letus).

One thing I like about HD is that you can crop and zoom in post to fix bad framing. The result is good and except to the trained pro, not that noticeable.
Jonathan W. Hickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2009, 03:50 PM   #5
New Boot
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 10
Just a little test, nothing to scientific, filmed on HDV, downcvrt on PAL SD:

RapidShare: Easy Filehosting
__________________
videoaviation.com
italy
Maurizio Amelotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2009, 11:17 AM   #6
Archivist for SMECC
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: SMECC Glendale AZ
Posts: 75
by default is it turned off?

I have had some nasty footage eih it zoomed all the way in. is this digital tele on by default?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan W. Hickman View Post
I've not had to use it (I think I have it turned off which has always been my policy). I do have a Letus though and I have a telephoto fixed 35mm lens that I've used with good results. But mostly I use that on my HC9 because of the form factor (the HD1000U isn't set up for a Letus).

One thing I like about HD is that you can crop and zoom in post to fix bad framing. The result is good and except to the trained pro, not that noticeable.
__________________
http://smecc.org/video/KKAT-TV_ED_SHARPE.gif

See The Communications and Computation Museum at:
Museum Website

See The Glendale Arizona Videosphere - KKAT-TV At:
Glendale Daily Planet KKAT-TV CouryGraph Productions

Click For Red Camera In Action
Ed Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2009, 12:48 PM   #7
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Sharpe View Post
I have had some nasty footage eih it zoomed all the way in. is this digital tele on by default?
The digital tele is off by default, or at least so says my manual :)
James McBoyle is offline   Reply
Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY

Z.G.C.
(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-HD1000

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

 



Google
 

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:05 PM.


DV Info Net -- Real Names, Real People, Real Info!
1998-2017 The Digital Video Information Network