wide angle, fisheye and telephoto lens for HVR-V1? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old March 28th, 2008, 11:29 PM   #16
New Boot

since i said about the Cavision Matte box, i think i have to mention here that the tool is not so good in its constuction. the screw provided cannot hold the camera plate with the rod bracket at all! each time i try to put my V1 on the camera plate, it will slip to the front because the screw is too short. then i went to a hardware to get a longer screw with the same diameter and thank God that solve the problem.
Ahmad Faiq Fuehrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2008, 04:14 PM   #17
Major Player

re:

I've been brought on to shoot a snowboarding DVD by a major company, and I notice they always use fisheye lenses (comes from skateboarding world). Of the lenses listed previously in the thread (or perhaps one that isn't) are any of the fisheye lenses "more fisheye" than the rest? Barrel Distortion isn't a bad thing it seems in the snowboarding world, in fact it's often a stylistic choice.

Also if anyone already shoots pro snowboarding stuff and has info or a different opinion about the fisheye versus standard wide-angle, etc... I'd be more than happy to hear it.

*I have a Sony V1U.

p.s. You mentioned that Raynox as the fisheye you chose. It's listed as semi-fisheye? Might be a obvious answer, but what exactly does that mean?
Josh Hayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2008, 04:53 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Hello Ahmad.

Nice that you liked the result these lens provided.

I was looking into wide angle converters, specially the Raynox ones.

I've read some reviews saying that the 7062 starts showing some Chromatic Aberration once you zoom through it too much (actually that would not be a problem for me).

Could you post some grabs shot with the 3062 once you have time? That would be of great help.

Thx.
Old April 7th, 2008, 03:31 AM   #19
Major Player

re:

I would also love to see some examples of the Raynox, but still have the interest (mentioned above) of a fisheye lens with heavy barrel distortion, or any fisheye normally related to Snowboarding or Skateboarding, with respect to my Sony V1U.
Josh Hayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2008, 05:05 AM   #20
Inner Circle

A genuine fisheye lens forms a circular image within the frame, where any diagonal line across the circle shows 180 degrees of arc. This is pretty limiting aesthetically, so to counteract this full frame fisheyes fill the frame but the 180 degree view is only available across the diagonals within the rectangular frame.

There's still oodles of barrel distortion in the image of course, as there is with 'semi-fisheyes', those lenses that still see pretty wide but don't cover the full 108 degrees diagonally.

tom.
Tom Hardwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2008, 08:25 PM   #21
Regular Crew

Ok, got the Raynox lenses!

The 7062 is AWESOME.
The 3062 is good, softens TOO MUCH on the corners, some may find it unnaceptable.
Since I'll be using the 3062 very rarely, I can live with that.

I'll post some samples:

The one with the buildings (taken with 7062) has some Magic Bullet applied and the corner softness is from it.
Notice the lens flare in the center bottom, call me crazy, but I like it!

The ones with noticeable barrel distortion are taken with the 3062.
Lots of factors contributed to the weird look of them:

a) Lots of gain needed inside my house at night.
b) Used camera's photo function, they are not grabs.
c) I was using (inadvertedly) the profile with the highest sharpness value.

Hope it's useful, I love these lenses, specially for the price!
Attached Thumbnails
wide angle, fisheye and telephoto lens for HVR-V1?-grande-angular-cor-corrigida.jpg   wide angle, fisheye and telephoto lens for HVR-V1?-dsc00360.jpg  

wide angle, fisheye and telephoto lens for HVR-V1?-dsc00369.jpg   wide angle, fisheye and telephoto lens for HVR-V1?-dsc00396.jpg  

wide angle, fisheye and telephoto lens for HVR-V1?-dsc00417.jpg   wide angle, fisheye and telephoto lens for HVR-V1?-dsc00355.jpg  

Old July 14th, 2008, 08:02 AM   #22
New Boot

While we're on the subject of lens adapters, has anyone tried any of the close-up diopters? I noticed that Schneider doesn't produce a 62mm diopter, just the Z1's 72mm and a step-up ring. I have been using my 58mm Century Optics diopter from my old PD150 (with a step down ring) but have nothing to compare it with.
David Kirshner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2008, 09:21 AM   #23
Major Player

dear Ahmad can u enlighten me on your telephoto lense, quality and zoom factor, do u have any footage up, seems like a bargin for 100 bucks

regards

luke
Luke Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2008, 11:08 PM   #24
Regular Crew

Updated Thread

Since we're revisiting this thread, I'm on the lookout for a bayonet mount .5 or .6 wide angle. Anyone tried the Raynox versions of those lenses that would like to give a report. I tried my Raynox 6600 that I use on my HV30 with a step down ring and got serious vignetting (as expected I guess.) Looking for the option to go wide in tight spaces. A little softening on the edges & distortion might be acceptable but vignetting and glowing highlights is not. Any help?
Old December 5th, 2008, 01:25 AM   #25
Inner Circle

You don't tell us what camera it's for James, but have you considered the Sony w/angle lenses? OK they're not 0.5x powerful, but you won't get obvious vignetting or barreling.
Old December 5th, 2008, 07:52 AM   #26
Regular Crew

V1u Tom. I'm just not sure the .8 is wide enough. But, since most of my work will be documentary style, I'd like to be able to transition to the wide lens pretty quick.
Old December 5th, 2008, 08:32 AM   #27
Inner Circle

For that style I'd suggest just put the Sony 0.8X on and leave it on, then only take it off on the odd occassion you want to do a long shot. That's what my mate does with his V1 and 0.8X.
Old January 6th, 2009, 01:20 PM   #28
Major Player

re

MEGAKIT (WIDE ANGLE, MACRO, AND TELEPHOTO KIT) for Sony HVR-V1E

anyone tried these??? price seems too good to be true

Last edited by Luke Oliver; January 6th, 2009 at 03:59 PM.
Luke Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2009, 02:49 PM   #29
Inner Circle

There are so many spelling mistakes in the advert that I'd think there may be mistakes in the lens' manufacture as well. But if you can get a refund if you're not satisfied, then I'd be tempted to say go ahead.

Bet the macro lens isn't sharp at the edges and bet the wide-angle barrel distorts like crazy. And with 8 elements there should be lots of lovely flare.

tom.
Old January 6th, 2009, 03:59 PM   #30
Major Player

re

have macro lenses been discussed on this forum for the v1 one??? i cant seem to one and am keen to purchase one of high quality , the raynox seem ok i guess but hard to tell without trying
Luke Oliver is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7