Apple 24P support? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old January 15th, 2007, 03:02 AM   #1
HDV Cinema

Apple 24P support?

Did I miss the Apple's MacWorld announcement of 24p support for the V1?

How about, 25p and 30p?

Or, is Apple once again missing-in-action on yet another HDV sub-format?

And, what about Avid's new Apple-Intel release? Any good news from Avid?

DSE: does Vegas 7.0c support 720p50 and 720p60?
Old January 16th, 2007, 06:35 PM   #2
Brian Williams

It is coming...

No FCP announcements at MacWorld. I suspect we'll get those at NAB.

I don't think Apple is dropping the ball. The camera just came out and pulling out frames on capture for long GOP material must be complicated work.

Frankly, I'm not sure how they'll do it. Unless they turn it into something else. I came up with a decent workflow for 24p with FCP I detailed in another thread here (called something like V1U workflow on the Mac). It only requires one extra step. I shot and finished a 24p short just to shakedown the workflow (link in that other thread...) No problems.

Regarding 30p, we already have that. It is still 30psf, really, so you can just capture HDV 1080i60 and you won't lose a thing. (Maybe turn off field dom in sequence settings, but you probably don't have to.)

Yes, I'm an Apple fanboy (I went to MacWorld). But if they don't have something to say about the V1U at NAB, I'll be concerned.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7