Problem with remote tripod at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old June 2nd, 2008, 08:00 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Problem with remote tripod

Hi guys,

Ok, so first off I should have looked into the compatability list...but I have purchase two Sony VCT-80AV remote tripods for use with my two HDR-FX1Es only to discover that the AV Remote controller cable has the sony 'D' shape connector....and the FX1E has a mini jack LANC socket

So, i have two nice tripods but cannot use any of the functionality of the remote controls on the tripod.

Any one know of an adapter or 'DIY' method of sorting the issue?

Here's hoping!
Vince Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2008, 09:41 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Hi Vince............

Think you're out of luck there Vince.

Those tripods were designed for Sony's "dinky cam" range, not something like the "semi pro" FX1.

Suggest you take a dive into e - bay and get shot of them and buy sommat a tad more upmarket.

CS
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1