EA50 Rain Cover? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Including NEX-EA50UH / EA50EH / EA50H / EA50UK / EA50EK / EA50K

Old December 31st, 2012, 12:05 PM   #1
Regular Crew

EA50 Rain Cover?

Am looking for an appropriate rain cover for my new EA50. The new Camrade seems a bit spendy - $185.00 USD - but built specifically for this camera. It may be impossible to use the loupe with any but custom designed model, but on a rainy day perhaps the LCD screen would work well enough.

Looking at the large selection of Kata covers, but have no experience with rain covers at all...these do have clear viewing area for LCD screen.

Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks!

Dan
Dan Eskelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2013, 02:16 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: EA50 Rain Cover?

Dan,

I can give you a little bit of information. When it comes to rain covers always at least look at Porta Brace. They are spendy, but IMHO the best and worth every penny. Many of them are also tailored to fit specific cameras. It looks like the EA50 is too new for a release yet. But I'll bet they will make one for it soon.

My EA50 will arrive next week. I have an old Porta Brace slicker for the Cannon XL series of cameras. I will get it out and see if it is usable at all until they make one for the EA50.

Porta Brace also sells their prototype models (hand made originals) on E-bay. I have snagged some good deals there.

Steve
Old January 4th, 2013, 02:26 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Re: EA50 Rain Cover?

Thank you Steve,

Your recommendation is well taken...I'll keep an eye on PortaBrace.

Have fun with your new EA50. I am really enjoying mine...see another thread on this forum for some footage.

Thanks again, and take care.

Dan
Dan Eskelson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)