DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nxcam-nex-fs700-cinealta/)
-   -   first major problem with fs700 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nxcam-nex-fs700-cinealta/517659-first-major-problem-fs700.html)

Greg Waite July 8th, 2013 10:39 PM

first major problem with fs700

6 Attachment(s)
had the fs 700 for about nine months now, been great, but have just come back from a shoot and I have this "problem" with the footage, stills attached. had been shooting for about a week with no problems - this is the last part of the shoot and while not on all the shots from that day it was on about 6.. it runs for about 10 frames per shot and the shot were from about 10 sec to 45 sec long..
and ideas?

Chris Medico July 9th, 2013 05:39 AM

Re: first major problem with fs700

How full was the memory card?

What part of the file was corrupted? The beginning or the end? Was there any pattern?

Monday Isa July 9th, 2013 07:26 AM

Does look like a memory card failure/writing to card error. Was footage recorded to the same card or different ones?

Greg Waite July 9th, 2013 09:28 AM

guys,
card was not full, probably about 1/2 full there was no pattern to it at all, different places in all clips.....my initial thought was corrupt card, but I have not seen this type before... there was no warning in camera etc....will do some test records on card when we have a chance to see what happens.
greg

Monday Isa July 9th, 2013 09:44 AM

Was all this footage recorded to one card or you used a couple or more cards?

Chris Medico July 9th, 2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg Waite (Post 1803964)
guys,
card was not full, probably about 1/2 full there was no pattern to it at all, different places in all clips.....my initial thought was corrupt card, but I have not seen this type before... there was no warning in camera etc....will do some test records on card when we have a chance to see what happens.
greg

I have seen corruption that looked like that with my EX1 when I was first experimenting with SD cards and adapters. I stopped having problems when I went to better cards.

That isn't to say that good cards can't have trouble. That looks exactly like the glitches that I would get on the EX1 when the card had trouble. I would work to eliminate the memory as the source of the problem first.

Kate Spiegel July 9th, 2013 05:38 PM

Card overheating for whatever reason.

David Elkins July 12th, 2013 08:19 AM

From your post I gather you did not see this on set either on the camera LCD or external monitor? So, this must be an internal recording/card error as others have stated, not a sensor issue. Please keep us updated as to what you find out.