first major problem with fs700 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta

Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta
4K EXMOR sensor with SDI, slow-motion recording.

Old July 8th, 2013, 10:39 PM   #1
Regular Crew

first major problem with fs700

had the fs 700 for about nine months now, been great, but have just come back from a shoot and I have this "problem" with the footage, stills attached. had been shooting for about a week with no problems - this is the last part of the shoot and while not on all the shots from that day it was on about 6.. it runs for about 10 frames per shot and the shot were from about 10 sec to 45 sec long..
and ideas?
Attached Thumbnails
first major problem with fs700-wilds.still001.jpg   first major problem with fs700-wilds.still002.jpg  

first major problem with fs700-wilds.still004.jpg   first major problem with fs700-wilds.still003.jpg  

first major problem with fs700-wilds.still006.jpg   first major problem with fs700-wilds.still005.jpg  

Greg Waite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2013, 05:39 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: first major problem with fs700

How full was the memory card?

What part of the file was corrupted? The beginning or the end? Was there any pattern?
Old July 9th, 2013, 07:26 AM   #3
Major Player

Does look like a memory card failure/writing to card error. Was footage recorded to the same card or different ones?
Monday Isa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2013, 09:28 AM   #4
Regular Crew

guys,
card was not full, probably about 1/2 full there was no pattern to it at all, different places in all clips.....my initial thought was corrupt card, but I have not seen this type before... there was no warning in camera etc....will do some test records on card when we have a chance to see what happens.
greg
Greg Waite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2013, 09:44 AM   #5
Major Player

Was all this footage recorded to one card or you used a couple or more cards?
Monday Isa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2013, 12:47 PM   #6
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Waite View Post
guys,
card was not full, probably about 1/2 full there was no pattern to it at all, different places in all clips.....my initial thought was corrupt card, but I have not seen this type before... there was no warning in camera etc....will do some test records on card when we have a chance to see what happens.
greg
I have seen corruption that looked like that with my EX1 when I was first experimenting with SD cards and adapters. I stopped having problems when I went to better cards.

That isn't to say that good cards can't have trouble. That looks exactly like the glitches that I would get on the EX1 when the card had trouble. I would work to eliminate the memory as the source of the problem first.
Old July 9th, 2013, 05:38 PM   #7
New Boot

Card overheating for whatever reason.
Kate Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2013, 08:19 AM   #8
Regular Crew

From your post I gather you did not see this on set either on the camera LCD or external monitor? So, this must be an internal recording/card error as others have stated, not a sensor issue. Please keep us updated as to what you find out.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta