remote control tripod and lens cap at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony TRV950 / PDX10 Companion

Sony TRV950 / PDX10 Companion
...plus TRV900, PD100A and other Sony DV camcorders.

Old April 12th, 2004, 06:02 PM   #1
New Boot

remote control tripod and lens cap

Hello

I purchased on e-bay a remote control tripod that seemed a great deal considering it has on the handle controls for zoom, including zoom speed control (Vidpro TT 1500). The controls don't work (none of them) by connecting the LANC jack (although in the description says it works with all Sony camcorders); did anybody try anything simillar? I want to make sure that I tried everything before sending the tripod back to the store.

If there is any Torontonian reading the message - please let me know where can I buy a lens cap (wide angle 37mm) - I lost the original one.

Thanks

Raul
Old April 12th, 2004, 08:22 PM   #2
Major Player

I feel your pain, Raul. But a tripod with a zoom controller for fifty bucks? Should have set off some bells and whistles in your head. I hope it works out.
Caveat Emptor

Wayne
Wayne Orr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2004, 01:23 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Lens Cap

Try here...

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18210&highlight=lens+and+cap
Michael Middleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2004, 08:31 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Where did the 50 bucks come from ?
If it was plugged into the LANC hole in the camcorder and it did not work it is broken so send it back. It is a pretty simple thing all in all.
KennJ
Old April 15th, 2004, 11:20 PM   #5
Major Player

Oh, no, was this the one you bought?

I was considering getting it myself, but honestly, the whole thing seemed suspect.... So you are saying that the lanc see doesn't work at all? And what about the quality of the tripod itself?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=23780&item=3810280426&rd=1
Ronald Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2004, 03:51 PM   #6
Wrangler

All I can add is that I have a Varizoom LANC controller and all the functions work as expected on the PDX-10, so it sounds like a problem with your el-cheapo tripod...
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2004, 10:51 PM   #7
Major Player

You know how the Sony (PDX10) cameras have the push "auto focus" button on the front, under the auto/manual focus switch?

can the LANC activate that? and when starting the zooms, is the start jerky or smooth all the way in?

Thanks.

BTW Boyd, when are we going to see some city lanscape photos from your PDX10?
Old April 17th, 2004, 03:15 AM   #8
Major Player

The Zoe controller has the "push auto" function you are asking about, Ronald. It also has one of the smoothest zoom control functions on the market.

Wayne Orr, SOC
Wayne Orr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2004, 11:06 AM   #9
Major Player

Great!!! Where do we get one? Is there a link to it on the web!!! I think I'll need that push auto!! Any other controllers?

How much is it also?

Thanks
Old April 17th, 2004, 03:27 PM   #10
Wrangler

<<<-- Originally posted by Ronald Ng : BTW Boyd, when are we going to see some city lanscape photos from your PDX10? -->>>

Well I'm in the city, but spending all my time inside a darkened theatre from 8:00 AM until 11:00 PM working on the set and lighting for a new production. Maybe after we open I'll wander around town with my camera... :-)
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2004, 12:01 PM   #11
New Boot

Hello Raul
I take a look at that "ebay" tripod today :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=23780&item=3810280426&rd=1

Did you get a new exchange for that deffected tripod? IS the tripod useable now wit hthe lanc?? From what it said sounds like a very good deal for the PDX10.

I wanted to buy one but considering of shipping money out of my pocket (shipping back and for till getting the good one).
Viethai Nguyen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony TRV950 / PDX10 Companion