WA Adapter and zoom issue at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony TRV950 / PDX10 Companion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony TRV950 / PDX10 Companion
...plus TRV900, PD100A and other Sony DV camcorders.

Old September 25th, 2005, 09:14 PM   #1
Trustee

WA Adapter and zoom issue

Hey guys. Of those of us with the Century Optics .65 HR WA adapter, has anyone noticed a slight jump in focus when you start zooming through the range with the .65 attached?

It sounds odd but as soon as the zoom starts, especially zooming in,I can see the focus jump a bit. Ah, just thought of something. It could be the OIS circuit. I'll have to test it with the OIS off. OIS=Optical Image Stabilization.

Anyone else ever noticed it?

Sean McHenry

http://www.DeepBlueEdit.com
Sean McHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2005, 06:01 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Must say this is a new one on me. The OIS is purely CCD vibration based and takes no notice of the image at all, so the fact that you've got on the Century w'angle converter will make no difference.

Is the effect there when you leave the converter off? You say 'focus jump' yet the dof with the converter in place is huge, so it'll take a big focus shift to be noticeable on screen. Unless of course the camera is faulty in some way and the zoom control is somehow altering the internal focus elements.

tom.
Tom Hardwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2005, 12:30 PM   #3
Trustee

One other thing I forgot to mention, I also had the UV Skylight filter in place when I noticed this effect. Maybe the extra space from the main lens has something to do with it? I doubt it. I'll try to get some testing time tonight maybe.

I am building an FTP server. If I can, I'll try to tape it at a good resolution and post a very short clip of it.

More later. Thanks Tom.

Sean

http://www.DeepBlueEdit.com
Sean McHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2005, 06:30 AM   #4
Regular Crew

I have the same setup as you and I have noticed the focus shift, but then I've also seen it with no adaptor attached.
Samuel Birkan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony TRV950 / PDX10 Companion