Good Secondary Camera? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old August 21st, 2003, 05:52 PM   #1
Major Player

Good Secondary Camera?

Hello,

I have a Sony VX2000 that I am very happy with, and I am wanting to buy a secondary camera to use as Misc. Cam (tape transfer,Quick Home videos for wife to use and as a Secondary cam for weddings ect.)

Ive read posts about if I am going to be using a second cam, I need to make sure I get one that has similar color temp. to what my vx2000 is.

Any truth to that? If so what would you guys recommend with-out breaking the bank. Say $500-$750 or so.

Thanks,

Steve
Steve Montoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2003, 06:01 PM   #2
Wrangler

There really isn't anything out there at that price point. Unless you can find a used VX-1000 or 900. I'd prefer the 900 if I could find one with low hours.

For more $ you might consider one of the smaller Sony cameras from the PC series. I use a PC110 to good effect as the alter camera in weddings and as the still camera when I want a few shots for the slipcover or stills where I might want to pan around a bit. Very good color that matches quite well with my PD150 and DSR-300. It does need a fair amount of light to do so, however.

Great camera for a boom or up on a monopod.
Old August 22nd, 2003, 06:44 AM   #3
Major Player

Have you tested a Sony TRV38 ?

I was looking at a Sony TRV38, I have read alot of reviews about it and everyone seems to like it.

Have you had any experience or checked one of these out?

Thanks for your reply.

Steve
Steve Montoto is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion