MxR Expresscard/SDHC replacement for SxS site now open at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old December 12th, 2008, 09:57 AM   #1
Sponsor: eFilms (MxR)

MxR Expresscard/SDHC replacement for SxS site now open

Hi Guys,

We've put the site live as of, well about now actually, 3.00am here in Aussie-land.

We've had a very interesting time trying to get an ecommerce system running in three days, and after two ecommerce shopping carts couldn't handle our specific freight matrix, ( which we designed to give everyone a fair go) we decided just to make it as simple as we could to launch. So I'd like to apologise upfront for making a basic site, but we will enhance it as time and new products come along.

We're using Paypal shopping cart this time around, and hope Ronn Kilby will still talk to me. If only we could find an ecommerce site that can handle freight nicely from Australia...

We're still on track to be shipping the first 1000 cards next Friday, and a thousand a week after that, so there shouldn't be any shortage for the forseeable future.

I want to personally thank all those who have given their time and support to the project of SxS alternatives and this project in particular. I really hope we that we have turned the corner on affordable HD.

And now time for a Crown Lager, or two.

Best wishes.

Oops! the site is E-Films
Old December 12th, 2008, 10:30 AM   #2
Inner Circle

I noticed that when ordering multiple cards the Quantity is listed as "1" although the total is for the requested number of cards.

That might confuse people.
Craig Seeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2008, 10:31 AM   #3
Inner Circle

I really hope this works out well. I wish I was in a position to order at the moment. I think I might be able to once the 32GB Sandisk cards start showing up.

-P
Old December 12th, 2008, 10:47 AM   #4
Major Player

Best of luck guys.
I will be one of your future customers.
Old December 12th, 2008, 11:01 AM   #5
Trustee

Very nice, just ordered, works no problem,
best of luck and thank you!
Buba Kastorski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2008, 11:04 AM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perrone Ford View Post
I think I might be able to once the 32GB Sandisk cards start showing up.

-P
Hi Perrone,

Are you referring to these - SanDisk | Products | Imaging Cards | Ultra II SD Cards ?

They seem to be available or are you waiting for better pricing?
Brian Cassar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2008, 11:05 AM   #7
Major Player

thanks ross

just put in my order for 5 of these babies! I look forward to receiving them when they start shipping next friday.

Thanks for keeping the dream of affordable memory for the ex series alive!

Greg
Greg Chisholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2008, 11:13 AM   #8
Regular Crew

HQ mode?

I have read all 80+ pages of the SDHC thread, but I am still a little confused about one thing.

I realize there is a limit to overcranking, but will the combination (E-Films card + Sandisk Ultra 2 16G SDHC) handle 1080-24P in HQ mode?

Thanks.
Pete
Clark Peters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2008, 11:18 AM   #9
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Cassar View Post
Hi Perrone,

Are you referring to these - SanDisk | Products | Imaging Cards | Ultra II SD Cards ?

They seem to be available or are you waiting for better pricing?
I am waiting for someone to actually have them in stock and shipping. They've been "available" for months now but no one has any.
Old December 12th, 2008, 11:19 AM   #10
Trustee

Do you need the updated firmware v1.1 for this or this that only for the 32G cards and the PHU whatever hard drive?
Leonard Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2008, 11:26 AM   #11
Inner Circle

It's data rate, not frame size that determines the ability to use the cards. In HQ mode the EX is 35mbps regardless of frame size. Overcrank can demand a much higher data rate and Sony's implementation of USB Express card prevents limits those data rates. In other words ANY frame size/rate using 35mbps to record, should be supported.

For EX1 firmware 1.11 is required because that provides USB Express card support as used in Sony's EX Hard Drive recorder. EX3 should come with that support.

On SanDisk site there are already reviews for the 32GB cards so unless they're phony and permitted by SanDisk, somebody must have bought and received the 32GB cards from SanDisk. I do not see those cards listed at all on Amazon or B&H though. The reviews may be bogus because if you try to buy the card from SanDisk you get a "Not In Store" message and apparently can't even preorder them.
Craig Seeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2008, 11:37 AM   #12
Regular Crew

Congrats on getting this launched.

One note, in your video at 1:01 (inserting the adapter/card combo into the EX) the label appears upside down. Is that the actual label shipping on your unit, it looks like it might be temporary and peel off?

.......a
Old December 12th, 2008, 11:40 AM   #13
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Seeman View Post
On SanDisk site there are already reviews for the 32GB cards so unless they're phony and permitted by SanDisk, somebody must have bought and received the 32GB cards from SanDisk. I do not see those cards listed at all on Amazon or B&H though. The reviews may be bogus because if you try to buy the card from SanDisk you get a "Not In Store" message and apparently can't even preorder them.
Exactly. I've been trying to order them for 2 months. No dice. Because of my business, I have to order from specific places (like B&H) and no one on my list has any. I gave up and ordered some 16GB cards this month for a job.
Old December 12th, 2008, 12:53 PM   #14
Major Player

Ross you may want to put a Disclaimer statment on your site or ship with the card. We are not responsible for any lost data etc..etc
Brian Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2008, 02:39 PM   #15
Major Player

Thanks Ross, ordering was painless. Do you have an idea how long it will take for me to get the 2 cards to California? Thx.
Keith Moreau is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds