MxR Expresscard Reader moves from final QC to Shipping - Page 10 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old February 28th, 2009, 03:50 PM   #136
Obstreperous Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme Fullick View Post
Ross, I have just received an e-mail saying... that you are no longer selling the MxR cards? I was thinking of buying some more off you.
My understanding as of just an hour ago is that Ross is indeed still selling the MxR cards; I'll let Ross clarify this for himself, but so far these are the *only* Express Card adapters that have the official DV Info Net blessing.

If anybody here was spammed by email with statements to the contrary, then I apologize if that originated from some other member here... I'm not saying we're responsible for it, but I am taking steps to prevent that sort of thing from happening.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2009, 04:52 AM   #137
Sponsor: eFilms (MxR)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme Fullick View Post
Ross,

I have just received an e-mail saying... that you are no longer selling the MxR cards? I was thinking of buying some more off you.
Hi Graeme,

As Oscar Wilde once said, “reports of my untimely demise are somewhat exaggerated”.

Graeme, it's business as usual. E-Films are selling MxR-Express cards as usual, handling support questions as usual, and trying to provide the best service we can, again as usual.

E-Films is as committed now as we have ever been to the MxR-Express card, and it's future, no change there.

You may not be aware, but we have hinted on the DVinfo site, a range of new products coming down the line shortly, and we're hoping their launch will coincide with NAB.

So I've got two cards here with your name on them. Can you hear them calling out, "Graeme come and get us".

Give an MxR-Express a good home today.
Old March 1st, 2009, 01:11 PM   #138
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross Herewini View Post
Hi Graeme,

As Oscar Wilde once said, “reports of my untimely demise are somewhat exaggerated”.
Actually it was Mark Twain (Samuel Langhorne Clemens), who, upon reading his own obituary in the New York Journal, said, "the reports of my death are greatly exaggerated."

I know - you Aussies get the Irish and the Yanks mixed up.
Ronn Kilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2009, 03:49 PM   #139
Sponsor: eFilms (MxR)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronn Kilby View Post
Actually it was Mark Twain (Samuel Langhorne Clemens), who, upon reading his own obituary in the New York Journal, said, "the reports of my death are greatly exaggerated."

I know - you Aussies get the Irish and the Yanks mixed up.
Say, that's right, it was Mark Twain, but it was witty enough to be Oscar Wilde!

This is the price you pay for too much time in the edit bay. It's got nothing to do with age, ok.
Old March 1st, 2009, 05:57 PM   #140
Obstreperous Rex

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronn Kilby View Post
I believe that statement was also uttered by Sir Paul McCartney once as well... a bit more recently than Wilde or Twain though (thanks Ronn for setting us straight there). Good to hear from you, Ross, and thanks for the clarification that MxR is still going strong.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2009, 06:57 PM   #141
New Boot

Hi Ross,

When the awaited case for MxR card adaptater will be available ?

I've heard about the nice carrying solution from Case Logic the JDS-4 & JDS-6 (I'd prefer the JDS-4 caus' it will fit better in my backpack even if i put two of them) but infortunately the shipping cost to Europe are superior to 25$ (for a product that only cost 4$... I gave up) And as far as i know we just can't find them in EU... only US import...

So we (but I mostly mean I) count on you to provide a well designed case for your little babies... (MxR Rocks!)

P.S: A soft case would be better to fit in hiker's backpack (small soft cases like the JDS-4 are perfect) but i assume that corporates videographers would be much more interrested by black glossy hard cases to blow the eyes out of their beloved customers.

Best regards and thanks for your products.
Enguerrand Bouillaguet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2009, 05:15 PM   #142
Trustee

Quote:
Hi Graeme,
You may not be aware, but we have hinted on the DVinfo site, a range of new products coming down the line shortly, and we're hoping their launch will coincide with NAB.

Looking forward to your products!
Great work Ross.
Steven Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2009, 11:03 AM   #143
Trustee

One more time - great product, great service,
received two more with cases, love em,
many thanks and all the best!
Old May 14th, 2009, 11:22 AM   #144
Trustee

Wishful thinking...

I wish Sony could throw a nod to all the pioneers and entrepreneurs who have made SDHC work in the EX line. A third colleague of mine is going to go for the EX3 solely because they were sold on the 'SDHC plus Sunday Best SxS' economics.
Old May 18th, 2009, 11:48 PM   #145
Regular Crew

Just ordered 2 MxR's + cases :) They shipped out in less than 24 hours - very cool. Thanks Ross
Looking forward to trying them.

Put in a order for some Transcend C6 16GB cards as well.

The cool thing is that 'just in case' you need more cards for whatever reason - you can hop over to a local best buy the night before a wedding and pick up a few SDHC cards.
I have five 16GB cards and two 8GB cards - but still sometimes i'm running right up to the edge. Always have to carry my HP 2133 in case I need to do a data dump - probably won't need that.

I saw a few people who tried the 32GB cards - anyone else try these - working out ok?

Thanks to everyone who provided all the excellent feedback - much appreciated

Paul
Paul Dhadialla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2009, 12:27 AM   #146
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Daviss View Post
I wish Sony could throw a nod to all the pioneers and entrepreneurs who have made SDHC work in the EX line. A third colleague of mine is going to go for the EX3 solely because they were sold on the 'SDHC plus Sunday Best SxS' economics.
I raised this very point at a recent Sony Experience event - presented by Alister Chapman. The fact that SD cards were compatible with the EX3 gave me the final nod to make the camera purchase. The Sony Rep. tried very hard to convince me of the merits in using their own SxS cards, but in my opinion failed. For those rare times that I need to overcrank, I use the supplied 8gb card, otherwise for normal use, I use the Kensington adaptor together with a handful of Transcend 16gb cards - no problems at all.
Old July 1st, 2009, 05:25 PM   #147
New Boot

MxR Card not mounting on desktop when inserted into NEW MacBook Pro 17"

I have just purchased a brand spanking shiny new 2.66 GHz, 350Gb MacBook Pro 17" with OS X 10.5.7.
Everything works like a dream.
I`ve done "Software Update" so all the Apple software, pre-installed, is up to date.
I`ve just loaded the latest EX Clip Browser from Sony-v.2.5, and loaded the SxS Driver into the system too.
My Sony SxS Cards faultlessly mount on the desktop when inserted into the MBP ExpressCard slot.
However, the MxR ExpressCard/16GB SanDisk and 16GB Transcend don`t mount-there`s no icon, nothing!!
Using the USB-ExpressCard Adaptor Cable mounts the MxR Cards fine but my colleagues who also use MxR Cards, say they can use both SxS and MxR Cards in the conveniant MBP Card slot.
My MxR Cards have been used for many months in full broadcast production with no problems whatsoever and I can easily, and faultlessly transfer files into my iMac with the USB Adaptor Cable but I would expect that the ExpressCard slot on the MBP should recognize the MxR Cards?!!
Is there a way to uninstall the SxS Driver to test if there is a conflict issue?

How frustrating.
Old July 6th, 2009, 11:54 AM   #148
Regular Crew

MxR slightly larger?

my E-films MxR express card adapter seems to be slightly larger than the SxS card I own. It is harder to take out of my EX3 than the SxS. Is this normal? and does this have any effect on the connector pins inside the camera slots?
Glynn Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2009, 04:47 AM   #149
Trustee

I doubt it's a serious enough issue to affect the connectors in the camera however yes, the MxR adaptors are slightly thicker. The other adaptors are around 0.3 to 0.5mm thinner depending on how I measured them with my dial vernier and fit better.
Bob Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2009, 11:19 AM   #150
Regular Crew

Hey Ross, Jigsaw, your UK stockist has MxR cards with cases. I unfortunately (sic) bought my four MxR cards prior to the cases being available. Tried to order them from your international site but you ain't selling to the UK. Jigsaw doesn't supply cases only. Solve that one mate. Please.
David Herman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds