MxR Expresscard Reader moves from final QC to Shipping - Page 11 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old July 7th, 2009, 12:45 PM   #151
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Herman View Post
Solve that one mate. Please.
I got mine direct from Ross - is that no longer the case (no pun intended)?

Without wanting to sound like an utter MxR fanboy, the cases do rock though. Whatever the extra cost of shipping half way round the world, and abeit that it may seem to be paying for packaging and carting a lot of fresh air around, but once I re-jigged my bag layout to make room for 8 of them it's been a stress reducer.
Old July 7th, 2009, 02:26 PM   #152
Regular Crew

I want their cases. Everything else is a compromise. When I tried to order from the Australian site and entered UK as address I was informed "can't do". Just to test, I left address the same but changed UK to USA and all was fine. Can only surmise it has to do with local UK distributor contracts. Jigsaw sells the cards with cases at a very nice price but not just cases. Bummer.
David Herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2009, 02:49 PM   #153
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Herman View Post
Jigsaw sells the cards with cases at a very nice price but not just cases. Bummer.
It looks like Ross has tried to engage a good UK source, as I bet they've been having nightmares. But that means it's Jigsaw's problem, not Ross's. Then here's the challenge to Jigsaw: bring in an extra batch of 'cases only' (£60 worth?) and sell separates, otherwise they are not worthy of being the UK 'distributor'. Merely a 'pusher'.
Old July 7th, 2009, 03:06 PM   #154
Major Player

There is another UK distributor - I have just e-mailed them.
Bruce Rawlings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2009, 03:26 PM   #155
Regular Crew

Bruce, I wouldn't diss Jigsaw. They are selling cards plus cases for £39. I bought cards only (didn't check Jigsaw) from "other distributor" for £50.
David Herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2009, 07:38 AM   #156
Major Player

I was not intending to diss Jigsaw. It was stated that Jigsaw do not supply boxes so I thought I would try the other lot.
Bruce Rawlings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2009, 01:32 PM   #157
Regular Crew

may all stories have a happy ending. I just contacted Prestons and asked if they had any MxR cases. Yupp, they replied and promptly mailed me four cases for the four cards I bought without boxes last month. Free of charge. No wonder they have a loyal client base.
David Herman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds