PP Recipes Sticky Thread - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old February 5th, 2010, 12:17 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Very interested in this, Eli.

And thanks, Markus, for your stellar work.
Mark Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2010, 12:29 PM   #17
Regular Crew

So forgive me for asking but I wanted to clarify. I read just above that -20 detail level and frequency of +40 would be better suited for a filmic look.

I would just like to know if that still holds true. I plan on trying it for myself but would like others peoples input.
William Graydon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2010, 12:34 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Follow up

In comparing Markus material to mine, his is a pretty complete summary of the conclusions set out in the thread. Mine has a bit more history and some materials not contained in the thread.

Interestingly, Doug Jensen's profiles as set out in his excellent PMW-EX3 Field Guide, which I own and highly recommend, are slightly different than those set forth in Marcus' material. As the EX3 field Guide is much newer than the original Vortex disk, he may have fine tuned his settings.

The settings from the EX3 field guide are:

Matrix On; set for High Sat
White balance preset 5600 (for outdoors)
Detail -10
Cine 4
Black level -3
Black Gamma -2
Eli Schmukler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2010, 12:41 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Graydon View Post
So forgive me for asking but I wanted to clarify. I read just above that -20 detail level and frequency of +40 would be better suited for a filmic look.

I would just like to know if that still holds true. I plan on trying it for myself but would like others peoples input.
You are forgiven, but please start another thread. Questions like these are what got the PP Recipe Sticky Thread so congested with non recipe posts in the first place!! yukyukyuk
Mick Haensler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2010, 06:58 AM   #20
Regular Crew

Chris is supposed to be getting back to me on this. Hopefully we will have a new sticky up by the end of the week with just recipes. Thanks to all who did the work of sorting. I'm just the guy askin the questions!!!
Mick Haensler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2010, 08:04 AM   #21
Regular Crew

I just noticed that of course all the links in my post were changed into forum links, which may be a little annyoing.
Here's the ASCII txt-version, just a little sorted and Eli's comment on Dougs newer EX3 field guide added...
Attached Files
File Type: txt PictureProfiles.txt (11.3 KB, 832 views)
Markus Klatt is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds