Help again I formatted the wrong sdhc card at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old October 5th, 2012, 10:17 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Help again I formatted the wrong sdhc card

Help again, this is not my week, I lost a irreplaceable interview by accidentally reformatting the card in the camera, I didn't shoot on it again, is there anything I can do before 2pm pacific tomorrow to recover the files???????

Thanks in advance for the wonderful community here.
Brent Kaplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2012, 02:19 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Help again I formatted the wrong sdhc card

Mac or PC? If Mac you want to invest in "Data Rescue 3". You can select the formatted card and run a "Deep Scan" it may take a while depending on the size of the SDHC card, but it will retrieve your interview. For PC options, a quick google search like "Memory card data recovery software for PC" should yield an immediate result. IMO it's well worth spending the money to buy and download a full version of anything you get. It's always nice to have a back up plan if something like that happens.
Old October 6th, 2012, 04:18 AM   #3
Major Player

You want to be careful not to do anything that writes to the card. That could further corrupt & complicate retrieving your footage. On the PC side I use a program called Zero Assumption Recovery. When I have needed it, it has worked well for me.

Data Recovery Software, Solutions, Tutorials, Forum - ZAR Data Recovery

There schtick is they scan the drive, figure out what's on it and where, and then read that data off and save it to somewhere else - you tell the program where, but it should not be the drive you are recovering data from. They have a demo/trial mode that may get you where you want to go, but I would strongly suggest if it works for you that you should pay them.

Download critical data recovery software - computer data recovery with ZAR.

I am not in any way connected to the company other than being a happy customer.
Bill Koehler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2012, 09:36 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Use Disk Doctors Photo Recovery and then Import the Files into XDCAM-Browser. I had the same problem, these Steps worked perfect for me.

P.S. Data Rescue 3 didn't work in my case.

P.P.S. http://www.diskdoctors.net/photo-recovery.html <- This Program is (as far as i know) the only one that recovers xdcam-format.
Thomas Nibler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2012, 05:12 AM   #5
Major Player

Hi, I have used these guys twice over the years, and there program works , you can find it here -http://aeroquartet.com/movierepair/repair

HD101/G5 Mac/4gig Ram/1TB HDD/30" Cinema Display/FCP.
Robert Bale is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds