ex questions re: autofocus, hd to sd quality - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old January 22nd, 2008, 08:13 PM   #31
Regular Crew

Okay. Here are two frame grabs of downconverted XDCAM EX. One was captured via SDI into a SD project in FC. The other was imported into FC then exported as a self contained QT movie and opened in Combustion 4 to be resized. The original footage was shot at 1080i and pointed at pretty much nothing important.

Well one for now. the C4 version will not upload. I'll try later

Vince

Last edited by Vince Gaffney; February 29th, 2008 at 03:02 PM.
Vince Gaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2008, 09:50 PM   #32
Major Player

I have resisted suggesting it (because it's time consuming and has other hitches) but I think a program like Combustion or Shake is the best way to downconvert. Their scaling functions are very high quality.

Shake has more than a dozen interpolation schemes for scaling images which you can select from. I've done some really nice DVD's from the HD100 by trying a variety of them and choosing my favorite
Eric Pascarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2008, 06:57 AM   #33
Regular Crew

If I could ever get the C4 example uploaded you'd see exactly what you just wrote. Combustion scaled the footage very nicely, better than FC and on par with capturing it using the camera as a playback deck and outputting over SDI.

vince
Vince Gaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2008, 02:29 PM   #34
Regular Crew

What if the SDI out goes into an hdSDI and then an sd out is taken to dv?
Andrew McMillan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds