Erase all clips at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old March 16th, 2008, 11:11 AM   #1
Major Player

Erase all clips

What is the easiet way to erase all clips from the card other than re-format?
Thanks, Craig
Craig Hollenback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2008, 11:28 AM   #2
Trustee

I don't have the camera yet, but I think I did that in others>clip>delete all clips
:-)
Buba Kastorski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2008, 12:52 PM   #3
Major Player

mount it on your desktop and erase the BPAV folder. Then clean the trash.
There you go with all your space.
Sebastien Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2008, 02:49 PM   #4
Trustee

Whilst using clip browser,highlight the files then just delete them.Card will then work straight away in the cam,no reformatting needed.
Paul.
Old March 16th, 2008, 10:05 PM   #5
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastien Thomas View Post
mount it on your desktop and erase the BPAV folder. Then clean the trash.
There you go with all your space.
Hi everyone this is my first post after joining.

Just recently I mounted my EX1 to windows via usb and deleted files off the cards and they seemed like they died.

The EX1 would not read them, it could not connect to my pc, i would constantly get some sort of error code on the view finder.

It was if i had destroyed two 8GB cards as easily as it is some cheap usb sticks.

Eventually i fluked it somehow by opening clip browser before i connected the usb cable, this made it connect however it had no clips just a black square with a grey x.

I had some files in a CPRL folder i dumped on my desktop and dragged it back on to the cards.

This seem to fix it.

Reason why i mention this is because it seems risky to me to just go deleting files off the cards in windows explorer.

Not sure if anyone else has had this experience, now I always delete them on the EX1 one at a time or in clip browser.

I might be paranoid but when both your cards cant be read all of a sudden because you deleted them in windows you go into panic mode.

Dustin
Dustin Gray is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds